cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process files in sequence

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have an scenario of file-idoc. I would be receiving 2 files from 2 different systems.. one file would be giving the status of the second file..

Like the first file converted into idoc would be giving information to SAP of how to deal with the second idoc..(generated by processing the second file)..

I would like to know how to make first file process first always and generate a idoc and then process 2nd file..

Thought of using BPM.. but correlation would be a problem.. One file might contain information about several document no.s(unique field in the 2 files)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

To process messages sequentially, please follow the below steps:

1. In sender communication channel --> in processing tab --> Quality of Service - Please make it 'Exactly Once In Order'.

2. In sender communication channel --> in processing tab --> Queue Name - Key-in a queue name(for example - SEQUENCE)

3. Save and activate your channel.

If you make this configuration, all the files being processed by this communication channel would be processed in a sequential order.

Hence, only after the first file is processed, the second file would be picked up and processed.

Please note that if one message fails to process and is in system error status in AE of PI, the following messages would be set to holding status.

You have to manually cancel this message and reprocess the last pending message.

Hope this helps to fulfill your requirement.

Regards,

Subbalaxmi