cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Copy - DB Move only Dual stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day,

With PI 7.1 EHP1, it is possible to do a DB migration only - which I have used on numerous occasions.

Is the only option for Solution Manager Export and Import, i.e a full system copy with R3load and Jload?

Will the DB migration ONLY scenario be supported in Solution Manager 7.1?

Thanks

Derek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> With PI 7.1 EHP1, it is possible to do a DB migration only - which I have used on numerous occasions.

...and you're using the Java stack there? You must have done quite a lot of manual adaptions.

> Is the only option for Solution Manager Export and Import, i.e a full system copy with R3load and Jload?

You can do a database copy instead of using R3load to export/import but you have to run the Java export on the soure side and use sapinst ot import that.

> Will the DB migration ONLY scenario be supported in Solution Manager 7.1?

Java stores a lot of information locally on the filesystem, some of the data is stored in the database also. If you copy the underlying databsae the filesystem and the DB are no more consistent. Moreover, the secure store on the Java side is then corrupt. Sapinst (and the Java migration tool within) takes care of that and "corrects" those entries.

As long as Java is involved you will need to use sapinst to export and import the Java content.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

"System Copy for SAP Systems Based on SAP NetWeaver 7.1 Including Enhancement Package 1 Java (PI/XI)

SAP NetWeaver Process Integration 7.1 including Enhancement Package 1 - 2010/12/02" or 011000358700001317792010E.pdf

The system copy options under PI 7.1 EHP1(you need to use the installation master for PI 7.1 EHP1 for this option to be available) has a DB Copy/Migration only option now, so no need to do export/import if you require to only change the DB host. Part of the process is an update to the securestore plus it resync's the file system binaries, with an update to SAPSIDDB user.

In this case, no manipulation required at all, which makes the whole process a lot quicker.

That's why I specifically wanted to find out if this feature would be available for Solution Manager 7.1 as it is the only other dual stack system other than PI in a single host.

Do you perhaps know if this specific option will be availble in the installation master of Solution Manager 7.1?

Many thanks

Derek

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Derek,

For SOLMAN Migration, yes, you can do export/import. No problem.

Cheers,

Thanks.

Nicholas Chang