cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same Batch Material to be sold at different selling prices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a customer requirement where a material at depot belonging to the same batch should be sold at different sales price.

Eg: on 1st of May, Material XYZ belonging to batch AB052011 of 100 qts was GR into the Depot at Rs 100 / qty. A selling Price PR00 will be maintained at Rs 100 / qty. On 5th of May, sales happen for 50 qts, hence PR00 condition of Rs 100 /Qty will be picked accordingly. Till this point everything is fine.

Price change happens for the material at the plant.

Again on 15th of May another GR for XYZ material of Batch AB052011 of 200 qts was GR'ed into the Depot at Rs 150 / qty now. Accordingly PR00 price was changed to Rs 150 /qty.

On 20th of May the total stock of Material XYZ belonging to Batch AB052011 is 250 qts. On 20th if sale happens for 250 qts, Customer requirement is pick a PR00 of Rs 100 for the 50 qts and PR00 of Rs 150 for the remaining qty.

We dont want to allow price to be changed manually, this should only happen through condition records. Is there any way by which I can create a condition table which allows me to maintain two different prices for the same batch at a given point of time.

Regards

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendra,

Option1:

Assuming that you are only talking about Batch Number based price (and not Batch characteristics based price) you can maintain price condition record based on Batch where Batch number will be one of the key criteria in your Access Sequence. So you many need to create a new Condition table with Material/Batch Number and insert it into your Pricing condition Access Sequence.

Since you will not know what batch you deliver till the goods been issued, you may need to redetermine the Pricing procedure during the Billing. Based on the batch that is delivered system will redetermine the Price from Condition record maintained on Batch basis.

Option2:

If you are talking about Batch Characteristics based Price, you have more to do.

Please check these forums links which might help you and also look at the OSS Note: 675409

http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=285438

http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=222440

Good Luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ajay for your response.

The problem is I need to maintain two different prices for the same batch. At a given point of time for a particular batch number I can only maintain one price.

I have the batch number as I am making this sale from the depot and not from the manufacturing plant.

Neither will batch characteristic be of use, because when I make GR at the depot for the stock will be maintained only at batch level.

My problem is the material with same batch can be taken into stock at different prices; accordingly the sales price is maintained for each GR stock that is taken in. At a given point of time there can be sale happening for the material at the depot for stock arriving from two different prices.

Regards

Raj

Answers (0)