cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New fields in cFolders

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I have few questions on cFolders and DMS, I would be glad if someone can provide suggestions:

1) I want to add new fields in cFolders. Kindly tell me which BADI or exit to be used.

2) I want to copy the documents in cFolders to an existing document in DMS using transaction code CFI01. This tcode only helps in transferring documents from cFolders to DMS. But it only creates a new DMS document. I actually want to transfer the documents from cFolder to an existing DMS document. Can someone help?

Regards

Srikrishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

see below the answers to your questions:

1) I want to add new fields in cFolders. Kindly tell me which BADI or exit to be used.

Depends on what object you want to extend. You can either extend the related xml file itself on the web server, or create your own object category that can be used for enriching object data. See:

[Editing Attributes for Materials and Structures|http://help.sap.com/SCENARIOS_BUS2007/helpdata/EN/74/b7c8483062604e8d6ffbc408ad5e91/frameset.htm]

[Creating Generic Object Types and Document Categories|http://help.sap.com/SCENARIOS_BUS2007/helpdata/EN/16/cbc5ee9648421887e85002da7faf12/frameset.htm]

2) I want to copy the documents in cFolders to an existing document in DMS using transaction code CFI01. This tcode only helps in transferring documents from cFolders to DMS. But it only creates a new DMS document. I actually want to transfer the documents from cFolder to an existing DMS document. Can someone help?

Not sure what you do wrong, but of course you can update an existing document (a new version is being mandated though).

Regards, Ulf.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you for the reply.

1) Thanks for the links provided by you on the fields for cFolder. It is helpful

2) Transaction CFI01 is not allowing to transfer the document from cFolder to an existing DMS document. Infact there is no option to transfer to an existing DMS document. The only option available is to create a new DMS document.

The idea is a DMS document is nitially creatd with all standard and custom fields filled in. Then interaction with the vendor is done using cFolder. After the final approval, the document is to be transferred from cFolder to the existing DMS created as above.

However transaction CFI01 has no such option to selecting an existing DMS document. Any suggestions here?

Regards

Srikrishna

Answers (0)