cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure to run SNP that creates only PReq and Stock Transfer only?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am very new to SCM.

Please help me on the scenario like this:

-There are 3 Distribution Centers (DC): 2400, 2500, 3800 and a Vendor: 1003.

-Each DC can take products from otherDC. But only DC 2400 can directly send purchase requisition to Vendor 1003 when no stock at all DCs.

-There is a Forecast released from Demand Planning to SNP, that is 1000 products at Distribution Center 2400.

-I will run SNP Heuristic (or Capabable to Match or Optimization) to cover this demand.

-Usually, SNP can create: Purchase Requisition, Stock transfer Requistion, and Planned Order.

But I only want the SNP to create Purchase Requisition and Stock Stransfer only.

The question are:

1.In which situations (tock situation,u2026) the system can create Requisition and Stock Stransfer only ?

2.I need create a new Supply Chain Model (Model) and a new Planning Version from scratch. How can I configure the system (Transportation lanes, Product Master Data, Procurement type in product masteru2026) and make it run to satisfy this scenario?

3.Do I need setting differently for each SNP method ( Heuristic, Capable to Match, Optimization)?

Thanks very much for your support.

XuanDuyen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please find the answers to your questions below.

1..In which situations (tock situation,u2026) the system can create Requisition and Stock Stransfer only ?

When you have special procurement key (indicating branch to branch transfer) or source list (indicating vendor to branch transfer) and if you CIF the same to APO then transportation lanes will get created . Your planning engine will look at these and create reqs . Only if you have resource in APO planned orders will be created.

2.I need create a new Supply Chain Model (Model) and a new Planning Version from scratch. How can I configure the system (Transportation lanes, Product Master Data, Procurement type in product masteru2026) and make it run to satisfy this scenario?

Create all master data in R/3 and generate and activate integration models and you will be able to c all the data in APO . By default they will be assigned to the active version.

3.Do I need setting differently for each SNP method ( Heuristic, Capable to Match, Optimization)?

Thanks very much for your sup

Yes of course. To run heuristic you need heuristic profile , for CTM you need CTM profile and optimization is a different animal where you need a whole bunch of data.

Also you have mentioned orders can be created only by DC 2400 to vendor. This can be modelled by creating a source list and making the vendor 1003 active in that source list. But the other point is not so straightforward. You have said any DC can supply stock to the other DC's . You cannot model this using special procurement keys because lets say DC1 supplies DC2 , then you can model this by putting a SPK pointing to DC1 in DC2 material master. But the reverse cannot be done you cannot put a spk in DC1 pointing to DC2 , since you will get recursiveness error.

Thanks

Aparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Aparna,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Now I haved created a model like the scenario with product T-F204 and can run. ( I do not use vendor 1003. I created the Plant 1000 instead). But as you said, when I run with SNP Heuristic method (Network level), the system alert:

u201C Error exist in Locationsu2019 processing sequence for product T-F204u201D

However, I search internet and found a book about CTM. It also discuss about this and the solution as below:

u201CRecursive Replenishment

When using complex supply chains, with many locations and various directional

supply routes, it can be easy to confuse a level-by-level planning tool. In certain

situations, recursive planning can occur. Recursiveness, is when the planning

algorithm is thrown into a loop (circular replenishment). Location 1000 can ship

to location 2400, and location 2400 can ship to location 1000. Situations such as

this can cause the CTM engine to terminate since it cannot find a starting point.

 The solution: Reduce to number of muximum consecutive transport order chains.

Within the CTMProfile, Settingsu2192Master Data Settings tab, planners can control

the sources of supply for External Procurement. With the parameter Maximum

Number of Consecutive Stock Transfers, you determine how many consecutive

stock transfers CTM planning can create. This value does not restrict the total

number of stock transfers for a demand. If you enter a value here, you can prevent

the system from transporting the receipts for a demand over several locations due

to the procurement priority. Also, you must have modeled the master data in such

a way that a direct stock transfer is possible if the system ignores the procurement

priority. If a direct stock transfer is not possible, CTM cannot fulfill the demand.u201D

Currently, our system runs only with Heuristic. It could not run CTM and Optimization so I could not check.

My questions are:

1. Is the solution of the book can apply for my bi-direction transportation lanes requirement?

2. If it is true, with my scenario, what is the best u201CMaximum Number of Consecutive Stock Transfersu201D I can set?

3. How can I model u201Cthe master data in such a way that a direct stock transfer is possible if the system ignores the procurement priorityu201D?

Please follow the link to download the book (and view page 107 of book (page 117 of Acrobat Reader) as bellow if you want:

http://www.mediafire.com/?9clag9op3lm0iv9

Thanks very much for your help!

Xuanduyen

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is awesome stuff. do u have a few more links like these in the APO areas ?