Workflow - PDF attachment is not opened in SOST
Hello Workflow experts,
We are trying to send the PDF attachement through custom worklfow and facing some issue with custom workflow with email functionality. Actully the scenerio is explained as below.
1. In case of quantiy or price variance while posting incoming invoice w.r.t PO, we will trigger custom workflow to send the mail to external mail id. ( outlook)
2. We will get the attachement from Invoice and convert it into binary format and add that to workflow by using Standard function module 'SAP_WAPI_ATTACHMENT_ADD' in one back ground task of the workflow template.
3. Next workflow mail step will send the mail to external user.
1.Workflow is getting completed without any issue, and we can found the SOFM attachment added in the workflow container.
2. We found mail got generated and exists in SOST & having correct attachement attributes like document class is PDF and file name etc.
3. The main issue is we can't able to open the PDF attachement in SOST, as it is showing '....... bites transferred ' in task bar and not opening anything.
4. We still processed this mail from SOST and mail got recevied in the OUTLOOK , but we found PDF attachement doesn't have any extn. So when we try to open that, it is asking OPENWITH and need to select PDF reader to open the document.
Intially we though there might be some issue with workflow, but if there is some issue, the we would n't any attachment at SOST level, and also when we download the attachment and rename it to XXXX.PDF , then it is working fine. That means there is no conversion issue atleast from coding part.
So could you please let me know, if anybody faced such issue, if so what might be the reason, why it is not opening in SOST and sending out with proper file extension.
Is there any OSS note to be applied as we are on ECC6.0.
Heghly appreciated your valuable answer.
When passing the PDF name to the Function module add the .pdf with the name.
It will fix your issue.