Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow - PDF attachment is not opened in SOST

former_member265047
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Workflow experts,

We are trying to send the PDF attachement through custom worklfow and facing some issue with custom workflow with email functionality. Actully the scenerio is explained as below.

1. In case of quantiy or price variance while posting incoming invoice w.r.t PO, we will trigger custom workflow to send the mail to external mail id. ( outlook)

2. We will get the attachement from Invoice and convert it into binary format and add that to workflow by using Standard function module 'SAP_WAPI_ATTACHMENT_ADD' in one back ground task of the workflow template.

3. Next workflow mail step will send the mail to external user.

Issues -

1.Workflow is getting completed without any issue, and we can found the SOFM attachment added in the workflow container.

2. We found mail got generated and exists in SOST & having correct attachement attributes like document class is PDF and file name etc.

3. The main issue is we can't able to open the PDF attachement in SOST, as it is showing '....... bites transferred ' in task bar and not opening anything.

4. We still processed this mail from SOST and mail got recevied in the OUTLOOK , but we found PDF attachement doesn't have any extn. So when we try to open that, it is asking OPENWITH and need to select PDF reader to open the document.

Intially we though there might be some issue with workflow, but if there is some issue, the we would n't any attachment at SOST level, and also when we download the attachment and rename it to XXXX.PDF , then it is working fine. That means there is no conversion issue atleast from coding part.

So could you please let me know, if anybody faced such issue, if so what might be the reason, why it is not opening in SOST and sending out with proper file extension.

Is there any OSS note to be applied as we are on ECC6.0.

Heghly appreciated your valuable answer.

Regards,

Naveen Veshala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Naveen,

When passing the PDF name to the Function module add the .pdf with the name.

It will fix your issue.

Thanks,

Viji.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member265047
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Vijji, your suggestion is solved the issue . but i'm really thinking, wouldn't be issue with standard SAP WAPI funtion module though we are passing file name , extn etc in header internal table and it is not correctly updating that while attaching the document to workflow container. However, it resolved the issue and rewarded points to you..

Thanks,

Naveen Veshala

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

to the fundtion module SAP_WAPI_ADD_ATTACHMENT pass the doc type as .PDF I think while you are trying to create attachment you might be missing this.

and also make sure that in SCOT you select the option PDF for RAW TEXT output format under the SMTP node.

Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi pavan ,

i want to send po output in pdf format to external addresses to multiple receipients i have tried and written code in EXIT_SAPMM06E_013 now iam getting pdf for multiple receipients but unable to print dynamic data(main window data) me getting only hardcoded data in smartform. plz correct me and let me know how dynamic data will be passed from into script.

regards,

chandu...

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would try sending a PDF file independently of workflow. If there's still a problem then you have ruled out workflow.

Perhaps you will get a quicker answer in another SDN forum. It could be a BASIS setting. Also try sending a PDF file to Outlook from somewhere else (not SAP).

regards

Rick Bakker

hanabi technology