cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax based on Plant location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having a problem regarding the way SAP is calculating taxes. The scenario is as follows -

There is a sales order with 'DIEN' material which has a customer (Ship To ) from Texas.

Plant at the line item level is located in Louisiana.

The system is calculating taxes based on the ship to location i.e. Texas and picking up the Texas tax jurisdiction code.

The requirement is that, if services are performed in Louisiana i.e. the plant at line item is located in Louisiana, no matter what the customer location is, system should always pick Louisiana jurisdiction code.

Anyone came across this kind of requirement before??

Any help will be appreciated

Regards,

Shantanu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a look at OSS note 10560. This gives some example of how you can control the sourcing of the tax data. (This involves use of usrexits.)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assuming that those locations are already maintained in customer master as Regions, as already suggested, have a combination with Plant / Ship To Region so that system will take care of your requirement.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Laxmi,

I do not want to influence tax determination by Ship to Party. It should be always based on the plant location. I am not sure maintaining the condition record will solve this problem.

I tried maintaining access as following

Departure country/region(dep country)/tax clas cust/tax clas material/Plant/Sales document type

System doesnt allow me to save the access it says access is inconsistent and field TAXK1 is missing in the access XX

Can anyone help??

Regards,

Shantanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

try maintaiing a condition record based on departure country.( Plant from where the services are maintianed).Keep it at a level higher to the SHTP country access in the access sequence.