cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Cancel Dates

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are in the early days of a global SAP integration, First meeting of the first day customer cancel dates came up... First a little background. All of the consultants are UK/Ireland based. the SAP consultants looked at me like i had 6 heads (i am assuming that because we were on a conference call and there was dead silence for 5 minutes).

I explained that out customer have defined shipping windows and if we ship outside those windows we can incur a customer charge back. They said that they never heard of that.....(should i be worried about the team of consultants)

So my question is in Standard SAP:

Is their a home for a cancel date...

We also need a Start ship date...

--- what dates are tracked with a sales order?

and once that cancel date has come then the order should be canceled and not looked at again... i am sure we could program a job to run nightly to cancel any sales orders with in one day of the cancel date..

Thanks

-Billy Smith

Edited by: Billy Smith - PA on May 9, 2011 9:59 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Dear Billy

Your scenario is not clear for what exactly you are talking about, so I sugesst you explain the business process so we can guide on proper track.

kapil

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a good question. The cancellation/expiration date is available only in the contracts, not in the orders. And seasonal merchandise seems to be handled in SAP Retail only.

In my experience, we have dealt with seasonal merchandise by using a process (i.e. sales reps knew when the orders needed to be placed and delivered). We did not require any special reports from SAP.

As correctly mentioned above, there is no designated field. You may use an existing field or create a new one. It can then be used for reporting and to apply reason fo rejection in background (custom program will need to be written).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help, just really surprised that SAP doesn't use that.

In the US retail business cancel dated on orders is a Major data element...

thanks

-Billy

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Following are the dates you can have at:

Header

- PO date: Customer purchase order date (you can have diff date for Sold-to party & Ship-to Party)

- Pricing date: Date for pricing and exchange rate

- Exp.date : Payment cards, Expiration date

- Document date: Document Date (Date Received/Sent)

- Created on date: Date on Which Record Was Created

- Billing Date: Billing date for billing index and printout

Item

- First Delivery Date: Schedule line date

Schedule Line

- Material availability date

- Loading date

- Goods issue date

- Transportation planning date

But can't able to get you on:

- Is their a home for a cancel date..
- once that cancel date has come then the order should be canceled and not looked at again

can you further elaborate on that?

FYI, cancellation in SAP, it can either be maintain reason of rejection in sales order or if it related to sales order deletion, then sales order should not have any subsequent document to it (like, Delivery doc or invoice).

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

JP..

What we need to capture is the date that the order should not become active anymore.

In my example a customer may place an order 6 months in advance for Easter Candy,

So in Nov or 2010 they place an order 2000 dark chocolate hollow Easter bunnies. They want to them to start to Ship on 4/15/2011 (Ship Date) BUT don't ship any after 4/21/2011 (cancel date) because have Easter bunnies in a store after Easter is foolish.

So my question is how do i store that date of 4/21/2011at the header or detail level so we can have a process that runs nighty to change the status of that order to an expired status so that order is no longer looked at.

also the order might have a Credit card attached to it so it need to store a expiration date of the cred card.

i hope that clears up the example

thanks for all the help

</Billy?

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can develop a z-program to check the material availability date(MAD) of each schedule line of the order. If the MAD falls on yesterday, then the program can apply reason for rejection for that sales order line item. You can schedule the program to run in background every day.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks... But i need to store the date to report on it... to give a heads up to customers whos orders will cancel within the next 30 days...

-billy

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As mentioned before, there is no standard field available to maintain customer cancel date. So try to make use of any other field that are NOT used by your business. For example, at sales order line item level ->purchase order data->your reference field can be used to enter the cancel dates. As suggested by my previous posting a background Z-program can look for value in this field and set reason for rejection at line item levels. If you want to develop a report, you can connect VBAK,VBAP tables with VBKD-IHREZ field to extract the customer cancel date.

Regards,