cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging of messages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am very new to XI so not sure whether my question is vaild or not but can anyone tell me that is it possible to have synchronous logging for 1 or 2 interfaces??

I referred few of the blogs on sdn but cant bale to find proper answer. PLEASE HELP

Regards

Anu!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Chk this:

Thanks

Amit

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

maciej_jarecki
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

yes it is possible. Set in header of your message logging value to 1. You can also trace to activate or increase trace level of selected message.

second option is sxmb_adm->error analysis settings but this solution has limited number of condition and is not recommended in production enviroment

Regards

Maciej

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean by "logging"? If you need to keep the messages even after they were successfully processed, then it is not possible for synchronous messages. (only in case of failed messages with LOGGING_SYNC parameter activated).

Is this what you want with "logging" of synchronous messages?

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lucas,

Just want to correct you. It is possible to turn ON the logging of synchronous messsages using the parameter LOGGING_SYNC. PI will log the sync message if it fails even though LOGGING_SYNC is turned OFF.

PI by default logs all failed message regardless of their mode of execution sync/async.

Now i come to the original question:

LOGGING_SYNC will turn ON the logging of all the sync SUCCESSFUL message. I guess Anu want to turn ON the logging for few Sync interfaces. As per my understanding, you can turn ON the logging of either ALL the sync SUCCESSFUL messsages or u can turn OFF the logging of all sync SUCCESSFUL messages. You cannot turn it ON/OFF for few sync interfaces.

Regards,

Sami.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible to log individual sync messages by enabling the logging parameter in the message header directly...

I have tested this for soap sender interface(using xml spy)...and its working (not sure abt other adapter scenarios)...

Thanks

Amit

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not think it is possible.

I will wait for others to reply, though.

Best Regards,

ravi