Did you mean: 

Hierarchy table

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

I need to create a five level hierarchy in the mat repository,

my file has the following format.

comm code - field explains the below hierarchy

my hierarchy should look like this(each one is in a different coloumn)

- Hrchy_lv01

Hrchy_lv02

Hrchy_lv03

Hrchy_lv04

Hrchy_lv05

comm_code Hrchy_lv1 Hrchy_lv2 Hrchy_lv3 Hrchy_lv4 Hrchy_lv5

0102030405 TV01 LCD02 FLAT03 CLR04 STD05

can you pls suggest me how to create the input file.

and how to import my hierarchy data

..... need soon... pls

regards,

Verma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

the source file should be in the below format

1,2,X

1,2,Y

1,3,Z

While importing, select the filed and "set the delimeter" as " , ' and after that you have to select "Split Hierarchy".

Then the output will be

2 3

X Y Z

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

If your source file is excel, then you need to do Excel operation concatenate

You need to concatenate the hierarchy codes Hrchy_lv1 Hrchy_lv2 Hrchy_lv3 Hrchy_lv4 Hrchy_lv5 ( of different columns) in to a single column with a unique seprator/delimiter, chose the seperator that way its not there in any of the hierarchy leaf nodes(Hrchy_lv1 Hrchy_lv2 Hrchy_lv3 Hrchy_lv4 Hrchy_lv5 ), because in the import manager we will be spliting the concatenated column based on the seperator. if your data has the same seprator in the columns then MDM will split that also in to a leaf node.

so in your case source file will be like below.

comm_code hierarchy

0102030405 TV01&LCD02&FLAT03&CLR04&STD05

in the above example i am using & (ampersand) as the seperator.

Now login to import manger by selecting the file,under the source hierarchy

1) Right click your field hierarchy (which has the hierarchy data) and select Set Split Delimiter->Split Hierarchy and give the delimiter (Seperator) as & and click on OK.

2) Select the hierarchy field again and right click and select Split into Hierarchy, there will be a new field gets created in your source hierarchy node like hierarchy<Split Hierarchy>

select that record in field mapping under value mapping you will see a tree structure of the hierarchies based on the source file

Note: Be careful while choosing the seperator/delimter while preparing the source file.

If your source file is access you can follow the below article

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/903c9530-52be-2a10-7d97-a48dc8082905 (using MDM Access)

Hope this will help you

Regards

Sowseel

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sowseel,

I tried as you suggested,

but after the step split into hierarchy and mapping the source to destination in the value mapping I can see my structure seperated by a delimiter, and is not in the form of hierarchy.

did I miss anything..... pls let me know

Thnx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

in this case you need to map the partitioned field after during the splitting. Please go through the below link on exact steps to be followed.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b07849c7-3a5b-2b10-7586-c431d300a...

Thanks-Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Verma,

If your source is an Access (.mdb) file or an XML file, then you can use the Create Hierarchy Field command in the import manager to convert the parent/child value pairs into a hierarchy.

Regars,

Sravan