cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Able To Delete Master Agreements/Sub Agreements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

I have to delete a Master Agreement or Sub Agreement. The Help sections says that in order to be able to delete a MA/SA the following conditions should be met :

1) The current date should be greater than end date.

2) The current date should be greater than the Retention Date

3) The document should not be flagged as perpetual.

My document meets all the above conditions but when I try to delete it, I get a pop-up saying that the 'Document could not be deleted. It has been restored to its previous version'. I checked the log and it didn't help much. The Error there was 'Unable to delete the document'.

Now, here is the best part : I have a validation script that runs on a MA. If I make that script inactive, the document gets deleted. When I make it Active, I am not able to delete the document. The script, independently, runs without any error but seems to be generating exceptions here.

I am not sure why the system behaves this way. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks In Advance,

Devesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member13619
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Devesh,

We believe the validation script is actually failing since when we delete a document we actually obfuscate it. It is understandable that in an obfuscated state it could not pass any reasonable validation. So my suggestion would be add an "OK to Delete" checkbox via extension.

When a document can be deleted check the box. Check the state of this field first in the validate script if OK to Delete is True script done (no failure).

Erik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Erik,

Thanks for the reply.

We have actually tried the approach you are suggesting before posting this thread. I wrote a similar logic to see whether the checkbox is checked and then delete it. But it was not of any help.

The same problem occurs. But the moment I make the script inactive things work now.

So, as of now, the problem is still there.

Thanks

Devesh