cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with ADS configuration: What is going wrong?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need some help in configuring the ADS Call on Solution Manager 7.0 (First question: is ADS runable on Solution Manager - maybe that's the error...?). I only need printforms, no interactive forms.

Java and Abap is running on one machine.

This are the notes I've checked:

That's what I configured:

1. There were no adsuser and ads_agent, so I created them, adsuser as system user, ads_agent as service user, both with the same pw. For ads_agent I assigned the roles SAP_BC_FP_ICF and SAP_BC_FPADS_ICF, for ads_agent the role ADSCALLERS. I had to create the role ADSCALLERS before.

2. Assigning JAVA Security Roles: Visual Administrator - Cluster - Server - Services - Security Provider - User Management. There I have checked whether the user adsuser is assigned to the group ADSCALLERS and is unlocked. In Policy Configuration (still in Visual Admin) I checked component "com.adobe/AdobeDocumentServices*AdobeDocumentServicesAssembly.jar" and mapped user adsuser and ads_agent to the Security Role ADSCallers.

3. RFC Connection: HTTP Connection to external Server (was available), Connection Type G, Target: our server, Servicenr 50400 (System Nr is 04), präfix is "/AdobeDocumentServices/Config?style=rpc", user is "ADSUSER", pw the same like in user master data.

Testing the RFC Connection was successfull.

4. Checking the services (SICF): fp and fpads are active.

5. Visual Administrator: Creation of the connection from JAVA to ABAP: Visual Administrator - Cluster - Server - Destinations - HTTP. I created a new destination with name FP_ICF_DATA_/sap/bc/fp/form/layout/fp_test_00.xdp with username ADSUser and pw is working fine.

I hope you guys can help. I'm working on this issue now for some days, without any improvement.

What is going wrong and what did I forget to configure?

Thanks in advance,

Tan

EDIT: In Visual Administrator the users ADSUSER, ADS_AGENT and SAP* are locked automatically after some time...

Edited by: Tan Yildiz on May 10, 2011 10:51 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

maybe you guys can help now.

Point 6 is fixed partially:

6. Execution of FP_TEST_00, FP_PDF_TEST_00, FP_CHECK_DESTINATION_SERVICE there comes a popup to enter the username and pw, without any ettect. After I entered the data 3 times the popup is closed and there comes the error

After executing the reports the popup is not prompting any more. There comes the error immediately:

ERROR CODE : 100.101

ERROR MESSAGE : SOAP Runtime Exception: CSoapExceptionTransport : HTTP send returned with status code

Fehler SOAP Framework: SOAP Runtime Exception: CSoapExceptionTransport : HTTP send returned with status code(100.101).

I figured out the the error lies within the RFC Destination, but I have no idea where.....

The target device is our server name (no http:...stuff, just the name "hanna") the service nr is 50400 (04 is the system nr) and path prefix is "/AdobeDocumentServices/Config?style=rpc"

So long everythings seems to be ok for me.

But by testing the destination there is nothing happening.....no reaction, no error, no warning, no success message.....other RFC connections are working.

If I change the service nr to 50000 (there is another system where ads is working) the test result is a success message......

Any idea whats going wrong? Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Did you set the start up mode for the IIOP Service to 'Always' on both Server and Dispatcher nodes ?

After enabling IIOP Service please restart the J2EE engine.

Please check the below links for your reference .

/people/dezso.pap/blog/2007/01/10/common-problems-with-sap-interactive-forms-by-adobe--part-i-

/people/dezso.pap/blog/2007/02/19/common-problems-with-sap-interactive-forms-by-adobe--part-ii-

Thanks,

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for your reply.

Both IIOP Services are set to always. Anyway I restartet the J2EE engine without any result.

Additionally I have checked the User roles SAP_BC_FP_ICF and SAP_BC_FPADS_ICF as mentioned in Note 915399. So the "authority" and "user" tab status is green for both roles without any result.

In addition I have checked your links, but I'm not prompted with any of the listed prompted.