cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B2B Adapters

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are all the Adapters that will come with B2B (ARIBA) Adapter?

Whether they are also similar like the XI adapter kit(HTTP, JDBC, FILE, SOAP, RFC etc. etc).

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

>>Whether they are also similar like the XI adapter kit

These are thirdparty adapters. They are developed based on the industry standards. Like iWay,SeeBurger etc

Some of the adapters which will be hosted by the adapter engine are: Rosettanet, CDIX, iway:UCCnet etc.

Regards,

Divija.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

I understand the Role of an Adapter. File adapter will take the File contents and converts to an XML format (Vice Versa), an Idoc adapter will take the SAP-IDOC and converts to an XML (Vice versa) and so on

Keeping the above point as the thumb rule

Whats the role an B2B Adapter plays? Whether a B2B adapter contains File Adapter or IDOC adapter or Soap Adapter or an RFC adapter OR it contains everything....

I am still not on the same page as you are!!!

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

B2B Adapters are Industry specific.For example CIDX Adpaters are used In Chemical Industry. If you are communicating between two servers using XI in a Chemical Indutsry, then the communication is in the format of CIDX.

CIDX is the Chemical Industry standard for Communication. B2B adapters are normal adapters.

Regards,

Srinivas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks srinivas.

I will put my question this way. If I connect my XI system to our Supplier Network with B2B Adapters, and when I send an XML message from our xi system to Supplier Network whether thda data I will be sending is going to land in a File server or a Data base or an R/3 system or to a webservice etc etc?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do have the same question. For IDOC --> XI --> Oracle, (B2B) scenario what are the adaptors used in the sender and receiver side that are secure.

If you know the answer, please let me know.

Thanks,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

try this link:

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20060711005046&...

for more about the ariba adapter for NetWeaver

and check the <b>Connectivity Adapter Key Features</b>

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any other tips for me please?

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

it's a B2B adapter so

it's for a special application (ARIBA)

you can think of if as the IDOC adapter

you send XML to IDOC adapter and it gets

converted to SAP-IDOC

the same in other direction

SAP sends the IDOC (in non XML format)

and the IDOC adapter in XI transformes

it into XML ....

adapters just convert XML data to protocol (file, SOAP, jdbc) or application (peoplesoft etc) specific messages

so you don't care about the protocol anymore

Regards,

michal