cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking Rule in Sales and Distribution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is it possible to have a checking rule with 'No stor.loc.inspectn' unticked(OVZ9) and the check will only be trigger if a particular storage location was found?

Regards,

jy

Edited by: jay on May 9, 2011 7:35 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Checking rule is associated with Availability Check.

So, the availability can be checked at the plant or storage location level.

The level at which it is checked depends on the following:

- Reservation data for the material component

- The indicator for storage location inspection in the checking scope

If availability is checked at storage location level and the component is available, the system also checks at plant level since other requirements at plant level could withdrawn material from the storage location.

So, the checking scope is defined via the Checking Group (in the material master) and the valid Checking Rule (in Customizing) defines whether the check is also to be carried out at storage location level.

If a storage location is specified in the reservation, the check is carried out at storage location level, unless the checking scope specifies that the check should always be carried out at plant level.

If a check is carried out at storage location level and the components are available, the system automatically carries out an additional check at plant level. For performance reasons we recommend that you only carry out this type of check where required.

I hope this can assist you.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

Thanks for the reply.

So, is my requirement not possible even using exit?

Regards,

jy

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

with 'No stor.loc.inspectn' unticked(OVZ9) settings, just add the storage location in the sales order line item. The system will do availability check at storage location level. There is no need for user exit.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shiva,

But the check should only be made in a particular storage location only in my case 0001. Unticking the checkbox 'No stor location inspection' will be applicable to all line items with specified storage location in the sales order right? I wanted the rule to be trigger if storage location 0001 was found.

Regards,

jy

Edited by: jay on May 9, 2011 8:04 PM

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I might not be very clear. What is your requirement? The sales order line items contains different storage locations, but you want to check at particular storage locations. What is driving this? Why can't you keep the particular storage location at the line item?

Are you using batch management?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

For example:

Material_A 0001

Material_B 0002

The checking rule will only check line item 1 with storage location 0001 and not in line item 2. Its like 'No Storage location inspection' unticked is for 0001 only and 0002 is ticked (OVZ9)

Regards,

jy

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to material master sales:general/plant view. Add the appropriate checking rule in the field Availability check. For example, Material_A can be added with a rule that does check at storage location level (with OVZ9 settings) and Material_B can be added with a checking rule that will not check at storage location level. And for material_A the storage location can be populated with 0001 at all times using user exit in the sales order. Search the forum on how to populate the storage location automatically in the sales orders as that has been answered many times before. Or simply don't extend Material_A to other storage locations.

Regards,

Answers (0)