Sustainability Discussions
Contribute to SAP sustainability discussions. Share ideas, collaborate on solutions, and join a community driving positive change towards a sustainable future.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking of CO2 emissions in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

My company would like to track CO2 emissions, focussing specially in the transport of goods to the customers and the transport of goods from the vendors. Searching in forums I have found that there is Carbon Impact module. There is no much information in the web, but It seems that functionality is specially releated to production and factory processes.

Does this module offer as well a tracking of CO2 emissions releated to transport?

Many thanks,

NachoSD

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can track Scope1, Scope2 and Scope3 emissions( ur supply chain) where-in you can track emissions CO2 emissions from transport. There are also lot of Activity types which can be configured and modeled to your requirement.

Rgds,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Dear Raghu,

Many thanks for your helpful answer. I see that with CI the supply chain activities can be tracked, including transport to customers or from vendors. In case we don't implement CI and we implement 'EHS - Environment Compliance', can we also get this functionality?

As far as I have seen in forums, EC and CI are similar, difference is:

CI - focused on helping companies to track their carbon emissions

EC - focused on helping companies to meet the regulatory compliance

The information I have found about "EHS - EC" is that we can "Track, measure and monitor emissions and pollutant discharges by plant, equipment or production process". It seems more focused to processes inside plants... Can we also track transport to customers or from vendors?

Thanks,

Nacho

0 Kudos

Hi Nacho,

I am not an expert in sustainability but for the sales documents one could imagine a statistical condition type a bit comparable to the cost condistion VPRS. This condition type could for example be calculated based on the destination or distance of transport.

I presume the same could apply for purchase orders.

Hoping this cna help.

Best regards

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - We got to use Carbon Impact at Tech Ed and InnoJam this year, Benjamin Wesson is the man you need to contact, you can also find information on it here:

[http://www.linkedin.com/in/benjaminwesson]

[http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/events/SAPInnoJamMadrid+2011]

I hope this helps