cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the onAck() method in the ABAP proxy framework?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When working with client proxies there is the possibility of requesting acknowledgements from the receiving party. This will result in a acknowledgement message being sent back after successful delivery (technical acknowledgement) or successful processing of the message.

Java proxies support a callback mechanism by providing an interface com.sap.aii.proxy.xiruntime.ack.AckListenerLocal containing the method.

onAck(com.sap.aii.proxy.xiruntime.ack.AckMessage ack)

An implementation of this interface can be registered to handle the acknowledgment for a specific proxy.

How does this work for ABAP? Is there an ABAP OO interface? Is there a way of registering some handler for acknowledgements by any means?

Thanks for any response on this!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently there is no mechanism like the interface com.sap.aii.proxy.xiruntime.ack.AckListenerLocal for ABAP.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> How does this work for ABAP? Is there an ABAP OO interface? Is there a way of registering some handler for acknowledgements by any means?

No. An ABAP acknowledgment is stored in a database table and does not trigger a method like in Java proxy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is bitter truth to hear. I do not understand that because it sounds simple and obvious to provide. Thanks anyway Stefan.

If anybody has a good idea how to setup a trigger that will run upon the receipt of an acknowledgement (not with polling) it would be highly appreciated.

Edited by: Jochen Damzog on May 10, 2011 8:51 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

You can try using a synchronous proxy call and receive the response from the receiving party.

Regards

Newa

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is how it has been implemented in the proof of concept but I rather prefer asynchronous communication if possible because of performance reasons.

In our particular case we send a ~40MB data chunk from ERP to a sftp server in a one way communication. In my opinion synchronous communication is not reasonable for this.