Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overriding Standard Search help for the attribute

former_member450736
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have one attribute in component controllers context which is mapped to view controller and this attribute in view controller has value help mode "automatic" and search help is "H_RCF_SHLP_ORGUNITS".

it is working fine on the screen, now i wanted to change this search help to another custom search help, now i have two custom search helps say C1 and C2 here C1 is exact copy of standard search help which has got "search help exit" instead of selection method and C2 which is based on selection method as database view.

now i assigned C2 to my attribute in wddomodifyview using method set_attribute_value_help using if_wd_context_node_info, it is also working fine,

problem is when i assign C1 to my attribute, hit list is displayed however when i select value from hit list some different value is getting assigned to the field which is invalid value.

i do not have any clue here... what would be the problem.

also export parameters in all search helps are same which is objid and data elements are also same.

lastly, i see "dictionary search help" property is assigned to this attribute in component controller and different search help that of what i see for the same attribute in view controller as i explained above.

please suggest...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member450736
Active Participant
0 Kudos

it was basically problem of transportation of entries from search help to context.

as context is created with structure and all fields of structure has search help assignment where transportation is kind of one-to-one kind between structure and context.

now as i changed search help for one of the fields, the transportation is gone wrong.

instead of transporting objid, it is transporting plvar as it is export parameter of search help and in the structure also it is assigned in the same way.

so now i have created search help which only exports objid and it is working fine.

all i observe here is 'Proper mapping between context and the structure field's search help's assignment is necessary for transportation'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The way you described, i would expect that it should work. However we do not have access to the code and search help.

You can try another search help to rule out the C1. I suspect the problem in C1.