cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process order confirmation error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to implement Batch Manufacturing templates and came across the error. When I tried to confirm the process order I am getting error "Confirmation Failed with error:Invalid variable: Call_HeaderConfFunction.LastErrorMessage [Unknown variable: Call_HeaderConfFunction.LastErrorMessage" I tried to trace out the issue and found the Transaction "ProcessOrderHeaderConfirmation" which is throwing the following error

" [ERROR] Error found trying to execute action 'Call_HeaderConfFunction' Exception: [Unable to find transaction file specified]

[ERROR] [Call_HeaderConfFunction] Action: Runtime threw an exception. Exception: [com.sap.xmii.bls.exceptions.TransactionLoadException: Unable to find transaction file specified]

[INFO] [RequestResponseSaver] [TRXTracer]BAPI_PROCORDCONF_CREATE_HDR : PPPIProcessOrderHeaderConf : ProcessOrder_20110509_114144

[INFO] [RequestResponseSaver] [RequestXMLTracer]Saved RequestXML:

[INFO] [RequestResponseSaver] [ResponseXMLTracer]Saved ResponseXML:

[INFO] [RequestResponseSaver] Statistics [Load = 15 ms msec, Parse = <1 ms, Execution = 203 ms, Total = 265 ms]

[ERROR] [ConnectionError] Link ('ConnectionError.TerminationMessage' [Assign] from "Call_HeaderConfFunction.LastErrorMessage") execution threw an exception. Exception: [Invalid variable: Call_HeaderConfFunction.LastErrorMessage [Unknown variable: Call_HeaderConfFunction.LastErrorMessage]]

[INFO] Transaction Termination Request: [User: A505192] [Reason: Invalid variable: Call_HeaderConfFunction.LastErrorMessage [Unknown variable: Call_HeaderConfFunction.LastErrorMessage]] [Message: Invalid variable: Call_HeaderConfFunction.LastErrorMessage [Unknown variable: Call_HeaderConfFunction.LastErrorMessage]]

[INFO] Statistics [Load = 31 ms msec, Parse = 15 ms, Execution = 328 ms, Total = 391 ms]

Can someone help me to solve this issue. These are Batch Manufacturing templates and I didn't do any changes to the templates apart from Integrating to ERP System.

Thanks,

Raveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Does the sub transaction exist? Try opening it and resaving it. What version are you using?

Jamie

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raveen,

Please check to see if the missing transaction is actually listed in the BM project. If it is there, but when the calling transaction runs, it doesn't seem find the transaction, you may have had an import error. Please let me know if that is the problem and I will go through the steps to correct it.

Thanks,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

The subtransaction is "ProcessOrderHeaderConfFucntion". I tried executing it and its working but the "ProcessOrderHeaderConf" is not working as i said earlier"..

Thanks,

Raveen

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This has come up a couple of times before, but I can't find the thread. For some unknown reason that transaction does not migrate properly. Export the transaction and open the xml file in Notepad or any xml editor (I like Editplus) and you will find a field holding the name of the transaction. This is a self-identifying field to the code underlying the transaction call which is failing. You will notice that the name is incorrect. And if you try to fix it by direct editing of the name, it does not seem to work either. And neither does a direct and single file import from the project zip file copy. Nor does a open and save. And yes, it was a bit frustrating to work through the list of potential fixes without success.

So when the transaction is called it does not recognize itself and despite what you see in the Workbench, it throws an error.

One way to fix the problem in relatively short time:

In the workbench, open a new transaction, then also open the transaction which is failiing when called.

Right click in the top sequence and select copy. Also select all children when asked. This will, in effect, copy all the sequences and action blocks in the transaction.

Go to the new transaction. Right click in the initial sequence and paste. You should now see all the sequences and action blocks from the original transaction. Delete the first sequence without deleting the children.

Go back to the original transaction and note what transaction and local properties exist and their types and output checkbox status.

Go to the new transaction and recreate those transaction and local properties.

Close the original transaction, then rename it by right clicking it on the list of project objects (or delete it if you still have your exported copy).

Now save the new transaction using the original transaction name.

Export it and you will see that the self idenfying name is now correct (and the xml structure is also quite a bit different).

Test your process again with the new file.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I did tried the way you suggested me.Copied the original transaction to the new one and added the Transaction and local properties to the new transaction and deleted the old transaction and saved the new transaction with the old transaction name and saved in the same path where the old transactions was but result is same. Did I do anything wrong here?

Thanks,

Raveen

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please present to me the transaction.

Thanks,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

the XML output for transaction doesn't allow me to send you as it is more than 15000 words it seems.

Thanks,

raveen

Edited by: raveensap on May 18, 2011 2:53 PM

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raveen,

I want the transaction (exported), not the output.

Thanks,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

How I can send you the transaction, can you share your email id.

Thanks,

Raveen

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Raveen,

I do not see anything wrong with the transaction (not the problem I provided a solution for). Can you run the transaction from the workbench and post the contents of the expression window?

Thanks,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

Here is the output of the transaction from the workbench, it is the same output as I posted in my first message

" ERROR Error found trying to execute action 'Call_HeaderConfFunction' Exception: Unable to find transaction file specified

ERROR Call_HeaderConfFunction Action: Runtime threw an exception. Exception: com.sap.xmii.bls.exceptions.TransactionLoadException: Unable to find transaction file specified

INFO RequestResponseSaver TRXTracerBAPI_PROCORDCONF_CREATE_HDR : PPPIProcessOrderHeaderConf : ProcessOrder_20110509_114144

INFO RequestResponseSaver RequestXMLTracerSaved RequestXML:

INFO RequestResponseSaver ResponseXMLTracerSaved ResponseXML:

INFO RequestResponseSaver Statistics Load = 15 ms msec, Parse = <1 ms, Execution = 203 ms, Total = 265 ms

ERROR ConnectionError Link ('ConnectionError.TerminationMessage' Assign from "Call_HeaderConfFunction.LastErrorMessage") execution threw an exception. Exception: [Invalid variable: Call_HeaderConfFunction.LastErrorMessage Unknown variable: Call_HeaderConfFunction.LastErrorMessage]

INFO Transaction Termination Request: User: __ [Reason: Invalid variable: Call_HeaderConfFunction.LastErrorMessage Unknown variable: Call_HeaderConfFunction.LastErrorMessage] [Message: Invalid variable: Call_HeaderConfFunction.LastErrorMessage Unknown variable: Call_HeaderConfFunction.LastErrorMessage]

INFO Statistics Load = 31 ms msec, Parse = 15 ms, Execution = 328 ms, Total = 391 ms

Thanks,

Raveen

Edited by: raveensap on May 19, 2011 5:23 PM

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raveen,

Please open the Call Transaction action block ('Call_HeaderConfFunction') - Configuration editor and show the link to the called transaction.

Thanks,

Mike

Edited by: Michael Appleby on May 19, 2011 5:40 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Here is the path "SAP_BM/SimpleConfirm/ProcessOrderHeaderConfFunction"

Thanks,

Raveen

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please perform the copy, paste, rename instructions from before on this transaction(SAP_BM/SimpleConfirm/ProcessOrderHeaderConfFunction) rather than the calling transaction.

Thanks,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

This seems to be solved but When i tried to confirm the order i get this error message

" Confirmation failed with error:Data Error of Type: E MESSAGE: Confirmation cannot be successfully saved."

I am having lot of issues with other transactions as well, i dont see th any orders in the list when i click on the navigataion link "Production Supervision", i only get to see the orders in Production confirmation in Shift Supervision. There are also issues with Shift Administration. I am not sure if I can get from any where in SAP Market place the configured and working templates in order to enhance them. If I am not able to find these templates working it doesn't make sense for me to think of any enhancements. In order to find deals at least we have to make the templates running, is there any place where I can find the templates without any issues or If i know what are the issues and how to fix them will be good to know.

Thanks,

Raveen

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raveen,

It does look like you have fixed the navigation error, but the error message you are now receiving comes from the ECC side. There is may be something wrong with the data you are using.

Try executing the BAPI with the same data from SE37/BAPI transactions. If that still fails try it from CORK. Hopefully you will get a more informative error message.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Can you make me understand what did you mean by testing via se37?

And I am not able to see the orders in Production supervisor as well, do you think this is also a bug?

Thanks,

Raveen

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raveen,

There are two (maybe more?) ways to test a BAPI on the ECC system. Using T-Codes SE37 or BAPI, you can do a test of the BAPI without MII's involvement. I recommend using BAPI since it is a little easier to use (does not access all the function modules of SE37, just the BAPIs).

Once in the BAPI page, navigate to your BAPI on the left side of the page.

Select the Process Confirmation from:

Production Planning and Control - Production Planning for Process Industries - ProcOrdConfirmation - CreateAtHeaderLevelMultiple.

Select the tab labeled Tools. Select Function Builder and click on Single Test. The screen will provide a UI for executing the BAPI_PROCORDCONF_CREATE_HDR. Use the same data you are using in MII to execute the BAPI.

You can use SE37 similarly but the navigation is a bit different.

If you are still seeing the same results as from inside MII, then the problem is not with MII.

Then use T-code CORK to execute the confirmation directly (bypassing the BAPI). Again use the same data.

Good luck,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

Thanks a lot,I was able to solve the issue with the order confirmation.

Can you guide me to also solve the issue with production supervisor please.

The Production Supervisor Cockpit and WI_order_selection are the irpt pages from where i can draw up the queries or transactions which are needed to show up the orders or work instructions on the Producction supervisor screen.

1.Production supervisor irpt have a Simulation query for KPI's and encoded WI_order_Selection irpt page in it.

2.WI_order_selection irpt page have 2 Queries one is set_SelectionParams , when i execute this xacute query i get this error

"Error: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerExecption: Error Converting data type nvarchar to bigint"

The other query is to insert values to DB is working fine.

Can you please assist me to solve this issue as well.

Thanks,

Raveen

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raveen,

Please provide the cause of the problem with the confirmation for all of us to see and be aware of.

The usual cause of the query error is misplaced single quotes around a Param property.

For numbers the reference to the Param property should be without single quotes. If it is a string property, you need to enclose the Param with the single quotes. If you have the single quotes MII tries to treat it as a string datatype.

Of course you may also be passing a string datatype to a numeric datatype field, but I doubt that is the problem.

Numeric  [Param.1]
String '[Param.1]'

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

The issue is I dont see any orders coming in, ofcourse I see the orders are in there in database.

I didn't perform any changes to the default templates. When I tried to check the issue with the Xacute Queries or Transactions, i came across the SQL Error.When i check the Parameteres for "SQL_getAuftrag" I only see the double qotes " " in the list.

The transaction setSelectionParams which is using the above query have link properties as

for ex : Target XPath : searchForOrder.Param.5

Expression : stringif(Transaction.SteuerEmp_Von=="","null","\'"&Transaction.SteuerEmp_Von&"\'")

When i click on evaluate button i get to see the evaluation result as null.

I have tried all combinations of data but i get the same result.

Thanks,

Raveen

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raveen,

I have asked someone to take a look at this who is more familiar with the work instructions.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Thanks, will wait for the reply.

Raveen

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I would try calling the getAuftrag stored procecure inside of sql management studio with the data you are attempt to send it to determine the issue. You could set the log level of MII to debug to get the full query if needed.

Regards,

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jamie,

Can you guide me how to perform this?

Thanks,

Raveen

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

For the MII log level change see the MII wiki section Netweaver CE Basics for MII. If you are unfimiliar with Sql Enterprise Manager I would suggest searching the internet for your version for the details.

Regards,

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mike / Jamie,

Issue is solved.

Regards,

Raveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Faced a similar issue. In my case, the batch needs to be assigned to the Process Order; the BM templates are expecting a batch for each order.