cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC6.0 Ehp4 implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are going to implement ECC6.0 EHP4 in of our client. So for that we have to install ECC6.0 Ehp1 ready first then we have to upgrade it to Ehp4. Actually I wanted to know what are the prerequisites need to be done for the entire process-

Or if anybody can tell me step by step process for Ehp4 upgrade then it will be help full for us. Shall we open any OSS message to SAP informing this upgrade and total ECC implementation.

We got Windows X64 as OS and Oracle 10g database. And we need to do one ECC6.0 Ehp4 (IDES) and three ECC6.0 (non IDES) as Dev, QA and Prd systems and one Solution manager system in the landscape.

Thanks in Advance,

Sudip

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Depends on your source version. This is the key to how to get to the target upgrade version in any upgrade.

For example if you are 4.7b and above you can go directly to ECC6, any EHP level you want.

The EHP level is usually not dependent on where your original version is but the installatoin and upgrade manuals will dictate all of this.

If I assume you are already on ECC6 you can go direclty to EHP4 SPS latest level as recommended by SAP.

You will create a XML from solution manager and define a Download Directory for all your SPS and upgrade files.

You can edit the XML for each system by doing a search and replace for the SID. Have Fun!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I try to give you step-by-step guide but maybe its not actual in your scenario .Its just overview...hope this will help you..

(OS : Windows Server 2008 , Database : SQL server 2008 )

Beside this steps please take a look the SAP guide also.. (https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/erp-ehp ---> How to install Enhancement Package 5 for SAP ERP 6.0.)

Take full backup of your server from operating system (OS) level , and also separately SAP and data base ..

( You can contact SAP service also if you have any problem during installation.. )

1.Download of the required components:( Ehp installer from Service Marketplace : service.sap.com/swdcu2014>support packages and patchesu2014>entry by application groupu2014>additional componentsu2014>upgrade toolsu2014>SAP EHP installer->SAP EHP installer 7.00)

2. Download the "Jce policy file " ( http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index_jdk5.jsp > Other Downloads > Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files 5.0.)

3. Make a folder <drive name>/EHPI. All these files will be saved here.

4. Uncar SAPehpi.SAR.

5. Start the SL Controller ( startup "jce_policy_zip=<drive name>:\jce_policy-1_5_0\jce_policy-1_5_0.zip"; )

6. Then execute the exe file for EHPi.

7. Click on Log On.

8. Accept the certificate

9. Login as <sid>adm.

10.The first phase is Initialization

11. Click on Next to reach the completion of this phase.

12.Follow the screen instruction . there is the 2 field 1.keyword and 2. download directory. You can find the keyword from the mention sap note and choose the download directory (e.g : <drive name > EHPI).

13. Click on Continue

14. In next stage, the installer asks to implement the missing SAP notes .Implement the Notes and click on Continue.

15. The installation continue ( message : The EhP Installtion program extracts required software.

16. The end of Extraction phase is reached (message : The operation is successfully completed)

17. The next is the Configuration phase

18. Click on Manual selection of parameters

19. Disable the archive mode

20. Select the first option, disable SGEN

21. Provide the Batch input parameters

22. Click on Continue

23. The is a message " Remote shadow instance " click "NO" (in my scenario) and continue.

24. The patches are determined from the XML file (
usr\sap\trans\EPS\in) that is generated from SolMan through MOPZ. Copy the same to the trans directory of <sid>

25. See the screen and Match the above patch level from your system..

26. If the patch level is high in system then we need to create the stack file again and remove the component which have higher patch. Uncar the patches and place them in trans directory of <sid>

27. click "Scan EPS-INBOX and upload new package"

28. A single change request is not selected..(in my scenario)

29. " No additional support packages except the ones from the EHP-XML will be include " Confirm and Continue.

30. If are no Modification adjustments, click on None and continue

31 " EHP keyword " Get the keyword from sap note mention there.

32. Provide an Instance Number for the Shadow system

33. The end of the Configuration phase is reached

34. Next is the Checks phase where the free space in the database is determined. If there is inadequate space, then the installer stops.

35. End of the Checks phase

36. Next is the Preprocessing phase. It is the most important step where the DDIC Activation phase is completed

37. Check for any failed updates.

38. Message " The running SAP kernel is newer or the equal version then the kernel in directory
EHPI\ABAP\exenew The kernel will not be replaced (in my case click continue).

39.The Development environment is now locked

40. The end of the Preprocessing phase is reached. This takes about 5-6 hours.(in my case)

41. make sure that all the users have logged out. Re-schedule all the jobs. Go to SM37

42. Client 000 Released -> Scheduled

43.Message " When you choose NEXT ,the installation program starts roadmap step Downtime."

44. "Next"

45. The Downtime begins.

46. installer again prompts for a backup to be taken.

47. Message "when you choose NEXT the installation program starts roadmap step POSTPROCESSING"

48. next is Postprocessing.

49. Execute the report BTCTRNS2 and Continue

50 " The EHP installation program creates the installation evaluation, saves the log files, and prompt you to start certain post-installation: choose "continue"

51. start " SGEN "

52. Phase : Updates database table stastics

53. run SPAU

54. Phase : Remove inconsistencies

55. "Your Installation is complete"

56. " When you choose NEXT ,the installation program starts roadmap step finalization

57. "The EhP Installation has finished . Press ok to exit.

BEST OF LUCK

Regards

Bhuban

RKFL

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Before starting the EHPI tool, download all the EHP4 support packages from solution manager through mopz by connecting your system to solution manager. Uncar all packages into EPS inbox and put kernel files like that in the inbox. Then start EHPI tool as mentioned in the above reply. Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done the installation sucessfully

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudip ,

EHP4 is for ECC and EHP1 is basically for netweaver systems like BI,EP .

You can directly apply EHP4 on ECC system but make sure that you do it in entire landscpae to sychronize it. You can get installation guide depending on your DB and OS configuration from service marketplace and start your EHPi as desribed in that guide.

Thanks..

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

I wanted to know after installation of ecc6.0 ehp1 ready what are the steps required for ehp4 upgrade .

I mean after installation of ecc6.0 ehp1 ready can I start executing ehpi directly? or I have to do kernel upgrade and support package upgrade before ehp4 upgrade.

Regards,

Sudip

vivekananthan_sellavel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

1.Hard disk size 200 Gb(In Ehp4 shadow instance will be create so extra 150 Gb disk required)

2.SPAM should above 34

3.Configure the ECC system with Solman system (MOPZ).( For downloading the Ehp4 patch file)

4.Have a backup of the Ehp1.

Regards,

Vivek

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you read installation guide and upgrade guide for the same ?

Read How to install EHP4 guide and Technical FAQ for EHP4 guide on http://service.sap.com/erp-ehp.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos