cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LAPTOP CONFIGURATION ECC 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Freinds,

Would like to purchase a laptop to install SAP ECC 6 Version for training purpose.......

Could anyone please suggest the laptop configuration.......

Thanks in advance....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

fyi... I have installed SAP ECC6 on C2D and it is working fine but when i tried to install on Window (i3,i5,i7) series then i got lot of installation problem. So, C2D is better than i_series. if you still want to install on i_series then you have to first install window 2003 server on i_series then you can install SAP ECC 6 because most of companies are providing laptops with window 7 and WIN 7 is not supported as operating system for ECC 6.0.

Regards,

majamil

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> fyi... I have installed SAP ECC6 on C2D and it is working fine but when i tried to install on Window (i3,i5,i7) series then i got lot of installation problem.

What kind of problems did you get? I'm 100 % sure they are not "processor" related.

> So, C2D is better than i_series. if you still want to install on i_series then you have to first install window 2003 server on i_series

iSeries is a machine group from IBM - it's the former AS/400

> then you can install SAP ECC 6 because most of companies are providing laptops with window 7 and WIN 7 is not supported as operating system for ECC 6.0.

ERP 6.0 is in the first place not something that should be installed on a laptop.

Markus

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi respected Boss,

What kind of problems did you get? I'm 100 % sure they are not "processor" related.

really,when i tried to install SAP ECC6 on i3,i5,i7 with Window 7 then i got lot of installation issue.

iSeries is a machine group from IBM - it's the former AS/400 🙂 

here we are taking about laptop not for servers. please try to understand.

ERP 6.0 is in the first place not something that should be installed on a laptop. 🙂 

I am saying about window 7 because WIN 7 is not supported as operating system for SAPECC 6.0.

Thanks and Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When it is clearly mentioned and you seem to know that Windows 7 is not supported as a platform,

why try to install SAP on an unsupported platform and then complain that you are having installation

problems.

I have seen quite a few posts questioning the understanding capabilities of Markus,

I think it is us who's having a problem understanding what he is trying to say.

We should understand and respect the knowledge he possesses.

I can say this as somebody, who has received help from Markus many times in these forums.

Regards,

Vishnu.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> really,when i tried to install SAP ECC6 on i3,i5,i7 with Window 7 then i got lot of installation issue.

They are most likely then due to Windows 7, not to running Windows 7 on one of the mentioned CPUs/processors.

>

iSeries is a machine group from IBM - it's the former AS/400 🙂 

> here we are taking about laptop not for servers. please try to understand.

I know, that's why I used the smily at the end. I just want to get the terms proper. It's like calling a car "BMW" instead of "car".

If someone says he has "installation problems" as a generic statement all I can do is comment on this equally generic. It's just not true that one can't install (technically) ERP 6.0 on an i3, i5 or i7 processor. Technically it's possible if that CPU/machine can run a Windows operating system that is supported by SAP installations. Whether it then works or not or how fast and with how many issues is a different topic but the problems are not CPU related.

All I'm trying to say is: It doesn't matter what CPU/processor type your laptop has as long as it can run a supported operating system for a SAP installation.

Markus

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thx respected Markus,

hopefully, new sdn users can clear their concept about installation of ECC6.0 on i3,i5,i7 ( not i_series) from this thread.

regards,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Get one with 3-4 GB Ram and 500 GB HDD with a Core2 CPU.

Regards,

Deepanshu

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Navaneetha,

1st. you have to take guide from following link http://service.sap.com/instguides.

2nd. for SAP ECC 6, you have to get notebook with C2D with mini 4GB ram and 320 HD.

Regards,

majamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Navaneetha,

nowadays there are high end notebooks with quite an impressive computing power.

I am thinking of the Intel i7 CPUs for example. Most important is the IO performance

because IO tends to be the bottleneck for SAP systems on notebooks. Make sure to

have an USB3 port and connect an SSD to it. If you have enough money, then 2 SSDs

would be even better:

[Running a ERP system for 1000 users on a laptop - is it possible?|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/20244] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello -

A laptop to run ECC6 might not be the most powerful hardware platform ! but SAPGUI (HTML etc..) would be fine. maybe look into the IBM Thinkpad range.

SAP installation guides are available from : http://service.sap.com/instguides

Regards.