cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to receive OTF data out of spool request?

thomas_mueller8
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I want to write a program which reads out the OTF data of a spool request and then I want to send it either as eMail or as FAX to some receivers.

The function modules I found so far (CONVERT_OTF, CONVERT_OTF_AND_FAX etc.) assume that the OTF table is already filled. But what I have in the beginning is only the spool ID. Even the function RSPO_DISPLAY_SPOOLJOB doesn't pass back the OTF data. What I saw in this function is that the OTF data is read directly via C-CAll => Call 'C_RSTS_OPEN' and Call 'C_RSTS_READ'.

Does anyone of you have an idea how to solve my problem or could give me a hint?

Thanks,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

As you said, the OTF is stored as is in the spool file, and you can read it using the C calls, or use RSPO_RETURN_SPOOLJOB function module for example.

Note that using SP01, you can send a spool via a menu entry, which corresponds to function module RSPO_SPOOLJOB_TO_OFFICE.

Best regards

Sandra

thomas_mueller8
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

thanks for your answer. The SPOOL-ID is passed back in structure ITCPP. However this only happens when you start the print out in printout mode and not in preview mode (This was my problem). Once you have the SPOOL-ID you can call the function modules 'RSPO_RETURN_SPOOLJOB' and afterwards 'CONVERT_OTF_AND_FAX' .

Kind regards,

Thomas

Answers (0)