cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTS: External Number range Business Partner (FTO, LU, Customers, Vendors)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

We have a customer requirement, where in, Customers Numbers and Vendors Numbers transferred from Feeder System (ECC6.0) Should be same in GTS. However i noticed that in GTS, we have to create these as Business Partners. I couldn't able to find how to create these in separate number range, as GTS permits to create business partners in same number range.

Also for creating the Foreign trade organisation and Legal unit, i have to use the same Business partner number range with external assignement.

For example, If i assign a number range from 0000000001 to 9999999999 as external assignement, then SAP throws a message while creating Business partners as " No Standard grouping exists" and system expecting a number range with marked as internal Standard grouping

Please advice how to create the Customers, Vendors, Foreign trade organisation and Legal Units with external number range.

Regards,

Pradeep Maddi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

Thanks for the reply. I checked the SLG1 and found that Materials are not transferred due to error in function module for conversion of UOM

Conversion error in module API6850_HDR_PROD_MAP, field API6850_HDR-WEIGHTUNIT_ISO, value LBR

These UOM are unique to the customer materials. I will try to Map.

However during transfer of Customers, i noticed that it picked up the internal number range instead of external number defined and the transferred customers were created under BP Role : Business Partner (Gen). I think it should be created under SLLCPC.

Please advice how i can achieve this.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Pradeep Maddi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

Thanks for the information. To test as you mentioned earlier, i tried doing initial transfer of customer master data, but the system pop up the message saying that out of xx partners selected, 0 were processed. Not sure why this is coming up. Any idea?

Also while creating the Customer master (Business partner), should we create a person or organisation?

Regards,

Pradeep Maddi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pradeep,

There may be number of reasons for the failed transaction of transfer of customers or vendors. You can analyze the same through Tcode SLG1 in GTS

Mostly these are created under Organization.

Best Regards,

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

If we are creating BP Partners manually in GTS system, we can use SLLCPC for Customers and SLLCPS for Vendors, but how about transferring the customers / vendors from ECC (Feeder system), how do we configure so that whenever data is transferred from ECC, it pick up the correct BP Role?

Regards,

Pradeep Maddi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

If you transfer from ECC to GTS, as per the account group, in GTS customers are created under the BP role SLLCPC and vendors are created under SLLCPS automatically. You need not do any separate configuration. Only thing you need to do is correct set-up of RFC configuration and change pointers.

Best Regards,

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Siva for the reply. I appreciate your help.

However i have question here. Now i defined the Number ranges in Business partners like below

01) 0000010001 to 0002000000

02) 0005500000 to 0005999999

Where i want to use 01 for creating Customers and 02 creating Vendors in GTS system. I don't see any assignment in the GTS configuration

How we can configure this?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Pradeep Maddi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

You can use the the BP role SLLCPC for Customers and SLLCPS for Vendors.

Best Regards,

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply

However my customer requirement is like this

In ECC, they defined the number range for

Customers - 000000001 to 9999999999 and

Vendors -> 000000001 to 9999999999.

Now They want the same number range to be defined in the GTS system with external assigment, I think this is not possible even though we have a grouping with external assignment.

Pls advice how to deal with this situation.

Regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

This requirement is weird. However, you can achieve the same in the following tedious unreliable process.

1. At the initial upload of customers and vendors do not transfer them through automated way. Instead, upload them by LSMW or BDC with the same numbers.

2. Should not activate the change pointers so that every time they create or change the customer or vendor, they have to create or change the BP master data in GTS(which is practically not possible)

By keeping in mind on the above, no client will be ready to go for this option. Instead, if you clearly differentiate the identification of ECC partner number and GTS partner number, there issue should end.

Best Regards,

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

You can define the grouping in GTS under customizing as shown below.

SPRO, Cross-Application Components, SAP Business Partner, Business Partner, Basic Settings, Number Ranges and Groupings, Define Groupings and assign number Ranges

This is the place where you define the external number range and define as your custom group. Then, while creating the BP, select this grouping and create the BP.

Hope this helps.... and act accordingly if it helps.....

Regards,

Shiva