SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G/L error while posting an amount - TXN: FPE1 - SAP ISU

former_member221838
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are in the process of implementing SAP ISU functionality for a utility client. In order to support their utility process we are configuring their SAP System from scratch.

Now after completing basic configuration such as main-sub, AD ID, G/L I tried to post amount using transaction FPE1.

SAP system gave me error saying that u2018Account COCODE G/LXXX is not a reconciliation account for FI-CAu2019.

So after reading few threads on SDN I updated G/L account and changed its field value for u2018Recon account for account typeu2019 from blank to u2018contract account receivableu2019.

Then after doing this I tried again but system now game me an another error saying 'G/L account COCODE G/LXXX cannot be posted to, please correct your entry i.e. This G/L account is blocked against posting or is a reconciliation account and cannot be posted to directly'.

What should I do now? I am damn sure I missed some ISU configuration. Please suggest some way out.

P.S. I am not a G/L expert so if possible please be detailed.

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a very basic problem.

To start with, when you post a FI-CA document through FPE1 using a particular combination of main\sub, then two types of GL A/c comes into picture-

Reconciliation Account, like Debtors A/c

Revenue Account, like Sales A/c

The reconciliation account is configured in transaction EK01 against the combination of company code, AD ID, Div (Not necessary) and main transaction.

The revenue account is confgured in transaction EK02 against the combination of company code, AD ID, Div (Not necessary) main transaction and subtransaction.

You have made the correct changes for the initial error by changing ther GL A/c field value for u2018Recon account for account typeu2019 from blank to u2018contract account receivableu2019.

Now for the latest error that you are getting check whether the GL A/c that you have configured in EK02 is a revenue account or not.

A very simple approach would be to take the GL A/c and go to FS00 and check the account group.

If it is a " P&L Statement A/c", then its a revenue account, other wise not.

In Ek02, it will always be a revenue account for any non-statistical posting,

If all above things are perfect, then check the cost element associated with the GL A/c.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a very basic problem.

To start with, when you post a FI-CA document through FPE1 using a particular combination of main\sub, then two types of GL A/c comes into picture-

Reconciliation Account, like Debtors A/c

Revenue Account, like Sales A/c

The reconciliation account is configured in transaction EK01 against the combination of company code, AD ID, Div (Not necessary) and main transaction.

The revenue account is confgured in transaction EK02 against the combination of company code, AD ID, Div (Not necessary) main transaction and subtransaction.

You have made the correct changes for the initial error by changing ther GL A/c field value for u2018Recon account for account typeu2019 from blank to u2018contract account receivableu2019.

Now for the latest error that you are getting check whether the GL A/c that you have configured in EK02 is a revenue account or not.

A very simple approach would be to take the GL A/c and go to FS00 and check the account group.

If it is a " P&L Statement A/c", then its a revenue account, other wise not.

In Ek02, it will always be a revenue account for any non-statistical posting,

If all above things are perfect, then check the cost element associated with the GL A/c.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Thanks Amlan, your reply is extremely helpful.

I have few questions:

1. So I have G/L XX1 (recon account). I configured this G/L in TXN EK01. Now after that do I need to create different G/L for revenue account i.e. G/L XX2 then configure that G/L XX2 in TXN EK02? or will I be using same G/L XX1 with radio button "P&L Statement A/c" checked, then configuring this G/L XX1 in EK02?

2. My second question is about cost element, so it seems that there is no cost element defined for this G/L XX1 (G/L XX2 also in case if we need separate G/L for revenue account). Also, cost center is not defined by our FI person. Can you please suggest me few steps to define cost center + cost element.

As always thanks for your patience and help.

0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

The answer to your question are as follows-

(a) Any GL A/c in SAP can be either created as a P/L A/c or a Balance Sheet A/c.It cannot be both.

So, to answer your query, you need to create two separte GL A/c-

1 reconcilation A/c, like XX1 (with account grp as Balance Sheet A/c) which needs to be assigned in EK01.

1 revenue A/c, like XX2 (with account grp as Balance Sheet A/c) which needs to be assigned in EK02.

(b) If you see in EK02, there is an option of assigning a CO assignment object.Normally for revenue postings, like manual postings, invoices a profit centre is assigned where as for bad debts, discounts etc.. a cost centre is assigned.

The cost element only comes into picture, if there is a cost centre\profit centre assigned to it.

However, if you do not have them also, then it has no dependency with the posting of a FI-CA document.

Just assign the proper GL A/c in EK01 and Ek02 respectively, and check whether you are able to post a document or not..

Hope it helps....

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Thats really good explanation,all doubt clear.

I have one request,if you always reply with deep explanation,it would be really helpful for new colleague into FI-CA.

Thanks again

Suraj

former_member213733
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

First of all EK01 is ment for assigning debtors reconcilliation account i.e let say Enegry customer LT .

Secondly after configuring in EK01 the next step is of assigning the revenue / expense account to EK02 in a match of say - co code , division , account dertmination id.

Here you can either default the CO account assignment or can derive it from the consumer contract , it all depends on your design.

In case of cost elements - All the P&L type of accounts have to be created as cost elements else if you have activated controlling then errors would crop up while posting the same , like cost object is to be entered .

Cost elements can be created from KA01 or in IMG settings you can define whether you want the cost elements to be created automatically or not , if you select automatically then system would create the cost element at the time of creation of GL account .

Well Amlan has briefed you necessary details , hope this piece of info. would work out for you ....

cheers ,

Dewang

0 Kudos

Thanks Dewang and Amlan. Your solution solved my problem.