cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

minimum and maximum stock level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

i am new to MM i will appreciate if someone can help with the steps to be taken for the following scenario. i want to have minimum stock level and maximum stock level, also have a re-order point. I want that whenever the minimum stock level is reached the system automatically generates a purchase requisition. what settings do i need to do to achieve this.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hI,

The details you are asking about the MRP settings. you can provide then in the material master MRP view with a correct MRP type.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

In materials planning, the maximum stock level is used only if you have chosen Replenish to maximum stock level as the lot-sizing procedure; that is, you have entered HB as the lot size key.

You have to use Manual reorder point planning

In MRP -1 Select MRP type as VB and lot size as

HB Replenish to maximum stock level

In MRP 1 & 2 view, you have to maintain the Maximum stock level & Min safety stock. And then run MRP either manually or batch job on your convenient time

The result of the run is PR would be generated based on the stock availability, if the stock falls below safety stock PR will get triggered.

Rgs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use a Reorder point MRP type, such as VB. Set reorder point in the Material master to the level of stock below which you do not wish to go (minimum). Set maximum level in the Material Master. Use lot size of HB. Run MRP regularly (daily or weekly, depending on your needs).

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/f4/7d281f44af11d182b40000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the reply

Currently in our system our MRP type is set as PD and lot size is EX lot for lot order qty. Is there no way do maintain as per my requirement with this MRP type and lot size

sundaresan_velayudam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For same lot size and MRP type, you can't achieve your requirement.

PD comes under normal MRP

where as your requirement comes under consumption based planning

In case if you doesn;t have historic value, then go ahead with expert Dogboy49 suggestion,

If you have historic value then choose MR type as VM, and maintain forecast value, and and maintain historic data in consumption

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your requirements:

i want to have minimum stock level and maximum stock level,

and

... lot size is EX lot for lot order qty. Is there no way do maintain as per my requirement with this MRP type and lot size

are by definition incompatible. EX by definition means that when you have a shortage, the system will propose exactly enough to meet the shortage. If the shortage is for a quantity greater than the max, the system will still cover the shortage. It is possible, then, that stock will exceed max from time to time.

Within PD, you can get similar functionality to 'reorder point' by placing your 'minimum' number as 'Safety stock'. When the projected available stock falls below Safety stock quantity, the next MRP run will propose a replenishment order.

Best Regards,

DB49