cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eLearning on Intel Mac

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I'm a new user and have been enrolled on an eLearning course. However, being a mac user (Intel Mac - OS 10.6.7), I have tried to launch the eLearning module using both Safari (v5.0.5) and FireFox (v4.01).

Once I've clicked on the link to launch the lesson, I am able to 'Start' the course, but a separate window opens with the heading 'System Capability Sniffer for SAP eLearning' with another message underneath 'Please wait whilst we complete the analysis...'

I have waited for an hour or so, but there is no change.

Can anything help with this? Will I be able to run this lesson on my mac?

Any advice would be appreciated and I thank you for your help

Sharon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am not sure if you managed to sort this out or not...but I finally had to install IE8 on my MacBookAir machine and it works like a charm now...

I followed the instructions from http://osxdaily.com/2011/09/04/internet-explorer-for-mac-ie7-ie8-ie-9-free/

the whole installation process worked smoothly, all in all took ≈3 hrs for the setup.

P.S: Only change form original post - Instead using "curl -s" command, I had to use "curl -k".

hope that helps & good luck!!

/V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I was wondering if you had this issue resolved. I am experiencing the same problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Same problem here...trying on MacOSX 10.6.8 (MacBook Air)

Reading thru technical requirements, that says :: "Courses are not compatible with Mac computers or handheld devices."

any work around...?

May be SAP does not "officially" support MAC platform but I guess all browser based applications should still be accessible via FireFox / Safari browsers etc.

A solution in this regard will be highly appreciable!!

Thanks,

/V