cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query: Kernel upgarde

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are planning to upgarde kernel in our system.We are currently on Release 700 patch 52.

I have one doubt. Suppose we are going to upgarde kernel with patch number 114.Do we need to go to some specific patch first or can we directly go on 114??

One more thing I am not able to find any patch on marketplace between 52 and 114. does this means that SAP has not relaesed any patch in between.

Please clear my doubts.

Regards

Shubham

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more thing I am not able to find any patch on marketplace between 52 and 114. does this means that SAP has not relaesed any patch in between.

And yes, that means SAP has not released any patch on marketplace between 52 and 114.

Just a correction, this is a wrong assumption. This doesn't mean that SAP hasn't released anything between 52 and 114, it only means that 114 is the latest one. On Service Market Place you will always find only the latest disp+work package that contain all the previous fixes. In this case, if 114 is the last one, you will not find any patch prior to that.

Cheers,

Maurício

Former Member
0 Kudos

You do not have that dependencies like Support Packs.

Even if there were patches available between 52 & 114, you can directly go from 52 to 114.

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shubham, Kernel Patch files(database independent + Database dependent) are cumulative files - which means if you are importing the latest one all the bug fixes or binary issues of previous kernel is included in latest one.

You can go ahead with the latest on in Service market place that is 114.

hope it helps.

Regards, Amber S | AO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Sumit

Couple of things. If there would have been any patch between 52 and 114 than should we have gone directly to 114 or otherwise.

If yes, than it means that we don't have dependencies in case of kernel, as we have for support packages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can directly go to 114.

And yes, that means SAP has not released any patch on marketplace between 52 and 114.