cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales area vs sales organization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I already search this topic but I couldn't find any reference, this is my question, there is any direct relationship 1 to 1 between sales area and sales organization organigrams? for example Sales organization is the mirror of Sales Office, Distribution channel mirror with Sales group and Division with Sales Person. Personally I think the that sales Organization and sales office are the only ones that mirror each other, below that point should be a transaction to configurate who in the sales organization takes care is what distribution channels if this is the case I would like to know the transaction number.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member266852
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Antanio,

If you functionally think about the organisational Unit you will find the same what SAP describe. Actually SAP Organisational Unit is nothing but funtional Units where we working

Sales Organisation - Sales Organisation is Organisational Unit in Sales and Distribution which is completely responsible for selling the goods and services to customer. It is also liable for negotiation the selling terms and condition, Legal terms, prices, discount etc with customer. for example selling items or services on Zone wise or area wise there some org unit must authorized to sale.

Sales Area - Sales area is a combination of Sales organisation, Distribution channel and divison. In sales area we authorized the material and services to distribute or sale in different mode. For example selling all electronic product to North Zone through Distributor only.

Thanks and Regards

Shambhu Sarkar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not one to one relationship but one to many. That is one sales area can have en number of sales office and this further branched to sales group which means one sales office can have many sales group.

Better you go through the standard SAP documentation on Sales and Distribution so that you will get a fair idea on what is sales organisation and what is sales area

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi