cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to convert the sender service to an ALE logical system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hav a scenario File->XI->IDoc. i'm getting the error <b>Unable to convert the sender service to an ALE logical system</b>. i have seen few posts and also Micheal's blog on this one.it is saying that

1) a logical system name has to be created in the SLD for the business system.

---for which business system?(File Sender/ IDoc receiver)

2) same entry has to be created in the R3 using WE20.

--- when i tried to create an entry for the File sender Business system, it is asking for the partner no etc..which are same as my XI logical system which is already created in WE20.

Can anyone help me out in this regard. help wud b appreciated.

Thnx in Advance

Anil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

U need to create an entry(Business system) in the SLD for the Receiver R/3 System.

In the R/3 u need to maintain a partner type for the logical system using the transaction WE20.

U need to add a Inbound Parameter for teh particular Logical System.

Regards

Neetu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Cud resolve my problem. all the entries r in place but the only thing is that no logical systme name for my File Sender Business system is defined in the SLD. i defined a logica Sys name and in the Directory i modified the Adapter specific attributes.

Thnx for the help.

anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

In ID, double click on ur Business system. Click on Service->Adapter Specific Identifiers. There u will see an entry for Logical system. You have to enter a proper Logical system there. You can create this new Logical system in SALE transaction.

You have to do this procedure for both the sender and the receiver business systems.

Regards,

Divija.

Message was edited by: Divija KN

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

>>>>>>for which business system?(File Sender/ IDoc receiver)?

Both. For the R/3 system look to SALE or BD64 to find out logical system name. Configure it in SLD. Choose your own logical system name for third application (file adapter). Anyway you can change the names in IB Directory: service / adapter specific identifier.

>>>>>>>when i tried to create an entry for the File sender Business system, it is asking for the partner no

Create a new entry in SALE.

Regards,

Udo