cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save data in Interactive Form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

We at SABIC Europe are now starting with Interactive Forms. We've created our first test-ABAP to get used to the possibilities of this feature.

For this I used the coding as specified in the SDN document "Offline Interactive Forms Using ABAP" written by Vani Krishnamoorthy.

Also I created a form with some input-fields on it.

So far, so good.

However, the following problem occurs.

When I follow the download-guide, I'm able to create a PDF-file on the frontend.

When I open the PDF in Adobe Reader 7.0.3 I'm able to enter values in the input-fields.

But I can not save the data entered.

Can anyone tell me how to save the data entered into the PDF document?

Thanks in advance

Wouter Heuvelmans

SAP Competence Center SABIC Europe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wouter,

I assume you haven't installed a Java stack with Adobe document services. ADS assigns so-called Reader Rights (or Usage Rights), which activate additional functions in Adobe Reader (such as the ability to sava data in the form). If you create the PDF on the frontend (with Designer or Acrobat), these rights are missing. You need the server component, which is the runtime component that generates the PDF.

Best regards,

Markus Meisl

SAP NetWeaver Product Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

We do have a Java Stack with ADS.

When opening the pdf-file in Adobe I get a window on top of the file mentioning ReaderRights Credential.

This would indicate that the contents of the data typed into the form would be saved with the document.

However when I click SAVE, the data is not saved.

Do you have a clue?

Wouter

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you get an error?

Are all your form fields bound against a backend field? This is a known bug in Adobe Reader, which will be fixed with Reader 8.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

No I do not get an error.

However, not all fields were bound.

I have to try to get that done.

Another thing is: is there a minimal release of Lifecycle Designer required?

I found out that release 6 of Lifecycle Designer does not allow you to use inputfields on a form.

Instead, release 7 does allow inputfields.

Wouter

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could be a bug. I think you need to create a message on component BC-SRV-FP.

Have you tried Reader 7.0.8? (Or at least 7.0.5?)

You should use Designer 7.0 from NW04 SPS 12 upwards, and you can move to 7.1 with SPS 18. If you are on NW 2004s, go to 7.1. (It has to do with the interaction of Designer and ADS versions.)

Best

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus...

Thanks for your reply.

We'll have to upgrade to LifeCycle Designer 7.0 first.

We're now on NW04 SPS 16.

I also found that when I open a pdf with Adobe Acrobat 7.0.0 instead of Adobe Reader 7.0.3 created in Designer 7.0, I'm able to save the data entered in the inputfields.

So you're probably right in advising to upgrade the Adobe Reader to the last version.

I'll be back to inform you if this upgrade of Adobe Reader leads to any succes.

Wouter