cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export oracle SAPSR3DB Schema on dual-stack s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I want to get all of your thoughts around doing a system copy this way for a ABAP+Java stack.

We have QAS system which we want to refresh from PRD...where both are Dual stack. Since we have lots of configurations done on the Portal Java side in the QAS, we do not want to refresh the Java stack, so I am wondering if we can export the Java Schema database from Oracle and export the File system content archive using SAPinst on the QAS. Then refresh the PRD database to QAS, and drop SAPSR3DB schema that came from PRD, and import the exported schema SAPSR3DB into QAS back, and using the sapinst to complete the System copy process.

Has anyone performed this step? Please share the pros and cons for the above method. I don't completely agree with above procedure, but above procedure can eliminate ohter manual works if we bring down the PRD Java...since we have lots of URL based iView and other manual configurations.

Thanks in Advance,

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This procedure should work technically but I would highly recommend splitting up the instances (on PRD and Q). Dual stack instances are a pain in the a*** to maintain and having them separately you can copy as you wish.

Also be aware that there is a direct dependency between support package levels in a dual stack instance, so having a different stack on PRD (that you will copy) than currently on Q, this may lead to malfunction of applications.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Separating the Java instance sounds like a good plan to me, do you have any docs handy that I can reference to it?