cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribution Root Dir" in mds.ini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Can I set the "Distribution Root Dir" in mds.ini file to any FTP server location? Will this create the folder structure directly in the FTP server location for Syndication purpose?

Thx

Pooja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja

We can change the Distribution root in mds.ini file to point to different path/folder but within same physical server.

After changing the path you need to restart MDM server for the new path to be affected. All folders like Repositories/Remote systems/Ports are craeted automatically.

thanks-Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pooja

"Can I set the "Distribution Root Dir" in mds.ini file to any FTP server location?"

I think - no.

You can install your FTP server at the same phisical server where has been installed SAP MDM Server and configure access from FTP to MDM inbound /outbound directories.

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Can I set the "Distribution Root Dir" in mds.ini file to any FTP server location

Why do you want to do this? any specific business needs? we generally tend to avoid making changes to ini files directly

>>Will this create the folder structure directly in the FTP server location for Syndication purpose?

Folder for syndication purposes are not built like this. First of all you need to make a syndication map (in syndicator), then come to Console, create a Remote system and a port, assign the syndication map to this port.

This will create folder structure for syndication.

Thanks

Aamir