cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field in OPUK is in Hide Mode-Will CNMASS allow changes to the field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am trying to flag a field for project summarization. The field status in OPUK is in hide mode. If I am running CNMASS for mass change in projects for the same field, Will it allow me to make changes?

If the status is in input field only will it allow changes?

Also this is same for other field that is in hide mode.

This is for priority field that has values 1-Urgent, 2-Normal,3-low, 4-Very Low

An early reply will be much appreciated

Thank you

Shekhar

Edited by: V_Shekhar on May 6, 2011 8:08 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried in my system by hiding the field "Person Responsible" and then tried doing mass change for the same. Even though the field is hidden it still allows me change the Person Responsible using Mass Change. I haven't tried it for the fields that you have mentioned but i guess it should work fine for them too i.e. Though the filed is hidden Mass Change will allow you change it.

Just to verify this you can try it once in your sandbox as well.

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

I have tried for 2 times but same response.

Thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its working for me.This time i hid both the Applicant number as well as Person responsible and was still able to change the fields using mass change transaction CNMASS.

Try this,

Hide the fields for the WBS using OPUK and then in CJ20N try running the mass change function. Position your cursor on the Proejct Definition and run Mass Change. Revert with results.

Its working pretty fine for me.

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Gokul,

Now i have tried for 2 fields: Applicant no., Priority where All are hidden fields

than run CNMASS, than this succeed but i don't know why this was showing error as mentioned earlier.

Thanks Gokul but can you imagine why this was showing error earlier.

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

It might be a one off case. You might have missed something somewhere. You can close the case if its resolved now.

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This will not allow to update the hidden field by CNMASS

gives error like

No objects were selected using the criteria entered

thanks

Sunil

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is better to try yourself in your sand box and see whether CNMASS is allowing to change the hidden fields or not.