cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to resume a background full sync with Error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Maybe someone can help me to save some hours...

I was running a Background batch risk analysis for a specific system (Q50) and a range of users (from D* to N*) that counted 2720. After some hours, 1649 users were Complete, and the remaining 1071 remains in Ready state, the job failed because of a network problem (my GRC is in South America and Q50 is in Europe).

My question is if there is a way to resume or get the user names that stayed in "Ready" status and submit a new job only these 1071 missing.

Thanks in advance!

Vaner

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunatelly, I found no solution. I had to run the synchronization for all users again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is an adhoc batch risk analysis job(not periodic) then you can resume it. For periodic jobs, there was an issue, don't know if it has been fixed.

Go to job report, select the status error and change them to ready.

1. On upper side of the screen select status error and search. It will show you all failed steps.

2. Below of the screen Select all

3. Below of the screen select status ready and change status. If background dameon is not halted for any other reason, job will again resume where it was stopped.

Regards,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sabita,

Thanks for the answer.

I tried this also. But the problem is that this job has an State=Error but there is no line in Error to change to Ready. All users are either "Complete" or already "Ready". It seems like I need a way to change the State of the Job from "Error" to "Running" so it starts again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vcrilho,

Job generally goes to ready status if there is abnormal discontinuty of job threads like backend server restart or so. The solution is GRC Server restart. Have you tried a restart?

I have not faced such scenario as yours so can't comment on that. There were issues in background jobs so it also might be a bug that job shows error, but report shows ready status. Good if you raise a ticket with SAP.

Regards,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can schedule another job which start with the UserID where the earlier job failed. RAR does the analysis in alphabetical order so you can always start another job. For Eg. you can schedule a job for Users starting from A* to J* and another job for K* to Z*.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alpesh,

Thanks for your answer, but it seems my RAR is not using alphabetical order. I have mixed users initials in the "Complete" and "Ready" status in the job report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vaner,

I am afraid it is not possible to restart the job which has gone in error status

Regards,

Chinmaya