Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy control sales document to sales document only partners

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus !!!

I have a very strange scenario. It is about sales promotion scheme. Scenario is this.

We have to give one material (Camera) free with every material (TV) in single sale order. Division for Camera is 30 and for TV it is 60. Now management wants to give free goods in same sale order with VBN1 and they also don't want to eliminate the Division check at Item Level. System is not allowing free goods in same order as divisions are different.

I have a solution that create standard order of LCD and a separate FOC sale order with reference to the standard order. But in copy control system is copying the Sales area and FOC order is also creating on 1000 10 60 but i have to create it for free goods (Camera) at 1000 10 30. In copy control i am not copying any item. I just want to copy only sold to party and ship to party. No pricing no Sales area.

If you have any other better solution please suggest or give your comments how to cater this in copy control.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello moazzamjii

Did you consider creating a common Division (say 00) and setting up a sales area with this (1000-10-00). Then you can create sales orders in this area and include both the items in that.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sir

Please tell me in details. We have defined common divisions like this.

SO DV Rf Dv for Conditions Rf Dv for Customers

1000 60 60 60

1000 30 30 30

Where 60 is for TV and 30 is for Camera. Now i want to create a standard order in which Camera will be given as free goods with TV. I have defined in VBN1 but right now system gives me error that division in header and item deviates.

please tell me the combination in common division which you are talking about.

Former Member
0 Kudos

what i suggest is while creating your first document, go to the sales B tab in item data and change the division of item to match the header data(make item division same as header division). and then save it. it wont create problem in copying control because now your division at both the levels is same. If this doesn't work try following method.

1.Create a common division 00.

2. extend both the materials to common division 00.

3. now create the sales order with sales area SO DC 00.

Hope it helps.

Regards-

Ram

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

As i mentioned above In material master divisions are different. TV is 60 and Camera is 30. I cant make changes in material master neither in Sales document type. I just want to know is there a way that i can copy only Customer number. Only sold to party and ship to party to new document. I dont wana copy Sales area in new document.

Let me clear it in detail.

There is check in Sales document type on Division in general control area. If Header division and item division is different system will give error. I can not un tick the Item division as this check is also necessary.

so there is only one solution which i think is possible for this scenario which is copy only sold to party into new document which we will create on 1000 10 30 for free goods Camera.

Edited by: moazzamjii on May 7, 2011 11:36 AM

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

waiting for any suggestion for copy control.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why do you want to create FOC with reference to standard sales order. You can create FOC sales order and give standard sales order material no in Pr.Ref.Mat field in sales b tab of item details for reference to standard sales order.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we have to meet certain requirements in copy controls like duplication orders and date validity etc. Everything is working fine. the only thing is to change division in copy control. Please give any suggestions how to change Division in copying data from billing document to sales document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you create SDF (subsequent free of charge) with reference to standard order, copy item then enter your free material and delete standard material that copied from standard order. then create delivery. Does this satisfy your requirement?

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As i mentioned above In material master divisions are different. TV is 60 and Camera is 30. I cant make changes in material master neither in Sales document type. I just want to know is there a way that i can copy only Customer number. Only sold to party and ship to party to new document. I dont wana copy Sales area in new document.

Let me clear it in detail.

There is check in Sales document type on Division in general control area. If Header division and item division is different system will give error. I can not un tick the Item division as this check is also necessary.

so there is only one solution which i think is possible for this scenario which is copy only sold to party into new document which we will create on 1000 10 30 for free goods Camera.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create ZFD document type (copy of FD) and only maintain partner header data in copy control. or change check division 2 to 1 (error to message) or

Try user exits??