Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In process rejection of raw materials

former_member225891
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

My client is having 01 and 04 type inspection active, now he want that when doing production while issuing goods to production if he found some raw materials of poor quality then they should be return to vendor, how i can map this scenario, we can do return to vendor for 01 inspection type but when the raw materials are already issued to production line how we can reject and return to vendor.

Thanks & Regards

Devidas Karad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member

As suggested by FF I can tell you several ways

1.first create notification.

2.If payment to vendor is not done then you can do Return delivery from Unrestricted .This is possible through MM-IM

3.If payment is done to vendor then ask for replacement material & reject the fresh received material.Send back the older one to Vendor against new inspection lot through QA11-->122.

Make sure that the rating of the vendor will get hampered by changing UD.

other wise scrap the material at you end & debit the cost to Vendor & ask to issue new material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With inspection type 03, you can automatically assign inspection lots to production orders (you assign inspection type in customizing for the order type). You can record results for the charactheristics at the operation level of the routing, and you can record UD at the order level. If you insert an operation at the beginning of the routings for the quality inspection that is required, and maintain related charactheristics, your scenario may be realized.

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Devidas ,

Honestly, this is a very strange requirement . The push is to identify the problem as early as possible in supply chain so that the business can react accordingly .

I am just wondering if the material issued to the production is not as per quality standard and there is no batch to cover this requirement (where production is already started or about to start ) then will the mfg will be stopped in the plant and wait for material from vendor ??

I will suggest that you discuss with client and suggest that the practice they are following is not a very good one to follow. As a functional consultant our job is to suggest best practices to client along with mapping/implementing the business process in SAP .

I hope the information helps

Cheers

Kaushik

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You wouldn't do it via QM at that point, ( at least via the inspection lots). What they should probably do is create a quality notification for the material in question. From the notification there is an action box that can added fr creating the return to vendor.

FF