cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error displaying message payload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for some messages when I do SXMB_MONI in ABAP XI doesn't show me the message payload but an error message:

Header: Binary format cannot be displayed

Text: Cannot display document format. Do you want to save it to hard disk instead?

I say 'Yes' to store it to hard disk. But the stored file can be read by Internet Explorer or XML Spy without any issue. The file is a regular XML. So I don't understand why XI isn't able to display the XML in SXMB_MONI. The file is about 2 KB so the size should as well not be an issue.

Any ideas what goes wrong?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

does it happen with all XI messages?

if so then maybe try upgreading your SAPgui (latest patch)

on the computer you're working on

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

no, until now it only happens for one message type. All other messages of different types can be displayed. So I don't expect a general issue.

Regards

Karlheinz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karlheinz,

does your payload start with:

<b><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?></b>

?

Maybe this could be the reason!

Regards Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

no, it doesn't have the 'standalone' attribute. Here the first three lines of the message. It starts like any other:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ns1:BAPI_FTR_FXT_CREATESWAP xmlns:ns1="urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions">

<FOREX_1>

It is the output of a XI Java Mapping created with the graphical mapping!

Regards

Karlheinz

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only thing I could suggest is

a) Logout - Login

b) Login with a different user name

Maybe this could be a way to solution

Regards Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

thank's for the hints but neither a) nor b) work!

Regards

Karlheinz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found the reason for the error:

The messages come in over HTTP. And since this is a migration project from Business Connector to SAP XI the partner sends a content-type of "x-sap.busdoc". It seems that XI can't handle this content-type. We changed it to "text/xml" and now I can see the messages in SXMB_MONI.

What's strange is that the communication (mapping, forwarding) works. Only the message display does not. And the content-type is kept even after the mapping. This does not make any sense.

Regards

Karlheinz