cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Response for the reports using Webdynpro based UI in EM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

My client has been using EM 7.0 but facing some performance issues with Webdynpro based UI. The reports are fetching results after querying the database for almost an hour where as the same report executed in Web Classic UI is fetching the records in less than 10 seconds. Do anybody has faced same kind of issue and if so could you please give me the recommendation son how to proceed with this issue?

Thanks

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

the new UI is using joins instead of sequenced selects with select... for all entries. Normally this should be faster.

You should run a ST05 trace and check if there are some indices missing that could enhance the run time.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Steffen

But it is practically not possible to create index for each selection criteria where we have almost 10 fields for selection for each report. How do we proceed with this situation? Why Webdynpro based UI is not effective in fetching the records quickly?

Can we change the logic of Webdynpro based UI to fetch the records quicky at DB level?

Thanks

Ravi

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

without knowing you concrete selection profile it is difficult to give concrete hints. But you should at least create an index for fields that are used very often for queries. Trying to tune your database for the special queries is also an option.

Note 1260125 gives also some hints for creating performant selection profiles.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Steffen

I have gone through this note and checking whether to redesign the reports with System Parameters as selection criteria than having more than one Control and Info Parameters in the selection criteria.

Please clarify if my understanding is correct?

Thanks

Ravi

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

yes if possible you should use System Parameters for all selection fields. Only for cases where indexed parameters are needed use control and info.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

This is Ravi's colleague. We have tested report only with System parameters as selection fields but still the same problem.

we have reports with 8 system parameters and one control and one info parameter as selection criteria. We tested both the cases: input with only system parameters and input with the combination of system as well as control parameter but both scenarios are running very slow.

Normally will it be ok performancewise if I use only system parameters as selection fields without using control or info paramters?? or do we need to mix both system parameters as well as index fields for selection creterial to improve the performance.

Regards,

CS.

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have only system parameters it should be fast. Did you run ST05 traces and check the critical SQL statements?

In cases with only system parameters or maximal one info or control parameter system should create one sql statement with joins.

Normally db admins are capable of optimizing the db here for these joins.

Best regards,

Steffen