Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AN ISSUE IN SAP TAO WHILE TRYING TO DO SELF TEST

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

Iam new to SAP TAO

Please throw some light on SAP TAO ....

When Iam trying to do Self Test... In Default Components It is showing "Task Failed"...

What else should i do inorder to resolve this issue.....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Sounds like you have not exported your default components to HPQC.

In SAP TAO goto the Import/Export option, then click on (check) export test components to HP Quality Center

ANd check the componet box.

Then clcik the "Export Defualt Components" button.

This can take about 30 minutes.

Once completed, then run your self test on Default Components again, and it should pass.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

In TAO

When I clicked on Configuration I found Export/Import Option In that I can see following ...

....................................................................................................................................

Import from Quality Center

Path to Imported Compenents

C:\Documents and Settings\tcs955399\Local Settings\Temp\SAP\TAO\WORK\IMPORT

Export to Quality Center

C:\SAPTAORTL\WORK\EXPORT\Components

...................................................................................................................................

Where can i see export default compenents button....

I dont see any Check....

Could you please be more clear on this.....

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes, in import/export you will see the screen split into two sections.

One for Import from HPCQ and one Export to HPQC.

The button is above both those sectiosn of screen, on the left hand side of the screen.

You are only describing one frame of a two frame screen, its the only button just above the left hand screen frame.

I don't recall if it is Export or Import on the left side.

When you say it says " Import from Quality Center, there is a lot of screen you are not even looking at, so look on the left uper section of the screen...it si there.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your info On the lefthand side when I clicked on Import/Export It splited in to two screen On left Hand Side I can see Export Test Components to Quality Center and on right hand side I can see Import Test Components to Quality Center

I clicked on Export to QC on the left handside (Export Test Components to QC)

Now It is exporting all components Once It is done I'll self test that....

Iam keeping my fingers cross...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found an error below when I tried to export components....

Error while trying to export components...

What would be the reason for that....

So I again I clicked n Export Components Button Now it is start exporting components again...

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I tried to export it showed an error Error while exporting to QC...

Do I need to install any patch for that..

Could you please let me know about this paul...

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear rajeshburra,

You still have not located the correct button

The Screen is titled

Component Migrations

Below that is the text

"Migrate components in and out of SAP Quality Center.

Below that is a grey button witht he text

"Export Default Components"

This is the button you want to clcik.

Below this the screen is split in two

Export Test componments to SAP Quality Center | Import Test components from SAP Quality Center

In these boxes are tree structures

at the footer of the two windows are:

Refresh Select all Deselct All Open local file browser and then Export to SAP QC and Import to SAP QC

Sounds like you are clicking the bottom button

The button you want is on the top and would line up on the vertical between the Design and Run & Report Icons on the left.

I am sorry, but I do not have a website to place a graphic to show you, so this is the best I can do to describe it.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In the + (Components) checkbox and are you able to see all "SAP R/3 and "SAP Front End" folders and under folder you will see all TAO components and if yes, select all and to click on "Export to QC" on the bottom of the panel.

And also make sure ,before you export , you have given correct path of "Components". i.e. under configuration , Export to Quality Center. you select the path where TAO components are installed or copy of SAPTAORTL folder.

And also when you do self check, what other errors /warnings you are receiving & also, go to configuration, click on Log tab and click on View log then open with the name TAO.exe log file and scroll down and see what kind of errors you are getting. Or else copy and paste the log.

What version of SAP TAO you are using?

Good luck

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue had been resolved It was done by basis guy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

I was going thru' your thread. I just wanted to know what was the issue you had and how did get resolved?

Can you please let me know what was cause of the issue....was that some patch missing or you did some changes in settings?

Answers (0)