cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to integrate with RMS system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I want to integrate RMS(Retail Management System) with SAP PI system.

Is it possible to integrate?

If possible, Can you give me Idea How to integrate with this?

Thanks & Regards,

Poonam.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Poonam,

First of all, you need to understand which business process you are catering to and which systems are involved (who is consumer/ provider).

If RMS is on the receiver side then it should have a webservice, which should be accessible by PI using SOAP protocols.

A lot of documents/blogs are available on this topics...

http ://www.riyaz.net/blog/xipi-a-guide-to-using-sap-xi-soap-adapter/technology/sap/113/

/people/vikas.aggarwal/blog/2009/10/05/generating-wsdlsoap-url-on-pi-71

Please let us know if you face any problem which implementing the solution...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You so much for giving reply.

These all information is very useful for me.

But, in my scenario RMS system is on sender side. What are the prerequisites are required at sender side to send SOAP messages?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Poonam

In case RMS is sender, PI will host a webservice at its end. That means you will use a Soap sender Communication channel.

After that give the soap adpter url to RMS and they will send sopa mesages to that url.

The url can also be taken from Sender agreement. Sender Agreement -> Diaplu wsdl.

Regards

Monika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Poonam

Definitely you an integrate, provided the RMS system is able to communicate to PI in the following protocols:

File, JDBC, Webservices, HTTP calls etc.

Regards

Monika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for giving reply.

Want your more help. If I want to use SOAP adapter to integrate with RMS system.

So, what are the prerequisites are required in RMS system to be integrate with SAP PI through SOAP adapter?

Thanks & Regards,

Poonam.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Want your more help. If I want to use SOAP adapter to integrate with RMS system.

> So, what are the prerequisites are required in RMS system to be integrate with SAP PI through SOAP adapter?

>

Fist you have to make sure that RMS system showuld accept SOAP messages, that means u will send payload to RMS in the form of SOAP meesage using SOAP receriver Adapter.

RMS system people have to provide URL , u will send data to address specified in URL.

using Adapter is compmetely depend on Source or Taget system, betetr to talk with RMS system people like how they will take data from other systems,besed on that you can decided.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

irrespecitve of the vendor of the third part system (RMS); i think you can use 3 ways to integrate:

1. Webservices

2. File

3. at database level (JDBC adapter)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you referring to Oracle RMS?