cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to SAP BO Explorer on IPhone/ IPad/ IPOD Touch

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an issue with the latest SAP BO Explorer Apps download which is of version 1.2.1.

I had downloaded SAP BO Explorer on Iphone 2G on April 17th which was of the version 2.2.5. The Explorer works fine on it.

But when I tried doing the same on any other IPhone/IPad/IPod Touch with the latest download from App Store, it throws me

- "check url availability"

- "Unable to access Mobi Server" Please contact your administrator

The server has SBO Enterprise XI 3.1 SP3, SBO Mobile XI 3.1 SP3, SBO Enterprise Fix Pack 3.4, SBO Mobile Fix Pack 3.4, SBO Explorer 3.2 SP2.

Pls provide me a solution to this!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

A new version (ver 1.0.2) of SAP BO Explorer for iPhone is available on Apple Appstore. I have tried the same and it's working. This problem seems to have been solved

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am given a task to bring the webi reports and dashboards to the iPAD.

I have gone through many blogs but I am not able to find the correct steps.

please let me know the correct steps .

What I understood is that I need to download the SBO explorer on the ipad and then please let me know do I need to do anything on the BO server .

Also could you please let me know do I need to install SAP BO mobile server on iPAD.

we are using SAP BO XI 3.1.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Anjna

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am a bit confused what you trying to achieve. How is the below information have anything to do with SAP BO Explorer downloaded from AppStore?

========

"The server has SBO Enterprise XI 3.1 SP3, SBO Mobile XI 3.1 SP3, SBO Enterprise Fix Pack 3.4, SBO Mobile Fix Pack 3.4, SBO Explorer 3.2 SP2."

========

Are you trying to configure the settings to map into your SBO Enterprise environment? If Yes, this is not the correct way of doing it.

You need to follow the SBO Mobile Intelligence Installation Guide to get SBO Mobile setup correctly prior to using it.

Also SBO Mobile currently do not support iOS used by iPhone/iPad. What you have just downloaded is only a mock up version.

Ken

Edited by: Ken Low on May 9, 2011 8:22 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ken,

I am part of AnuSingh83's Team.

What we are trying to say is that...

Server Side Environment is as below

-

"The server has SBO Enterprise XI 3.1 SP3, SBO Mobile XI 3.1 SP3, SBO Enterprise Fix Pack 3.4, SBO Mobile Fix Pack 3.4, SBO Explorer 3.2 SP2."

-

We have downloaded two versions of SAP BO Explorer from AppStore on separate iPhones.

1) Downloaded before 17th April'11 - version 2.2.5 - this version is working perfectly.

2) Downloaded (Multple times) after 20th April'11 - version 1.0.1 - This version is the one giving errors mentioned above.

As the application is working fine on one setup, we are assuming, and I think correctly, that our installation of SBO Mobile setup correctly.

We were wondering why it is working on one version of same client and not on the other.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Could you please elaborate on this "SBO Mobile currently do not support iOS used by iPhone/iPad". We have tried it on IPhone and its working perfectly fine! The version on the Iphone is 2.2.419 and the recently downloaded App had 1.0.1.

Thanks,

Anupam Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also facing the same problem. The latest 1.0.1 version of app has problems connecting. May be as said above .. its a mock up version or some of the prereqs have to be met on server side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Officially, the current version of Business Objects Mobile Intelligence XI 3.x do not support iOS platform used by iphone. You can read all about what is supported using the supported platform documentation.

e.g.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/202b9d2f-4525-2d10-d0bc-d17e40d9a...

Although you may have got yours working, you will not be able to raise an Support Ticket with SAP Support engineer for any assistance, if that make any sense.

There are however plan with the newer release of BOE Xi 4.x that will include iOS platform as supported platform in future service pack releases (TBC => SP2). Until we see it in the official supported platform guide, the answer will remain as unsupported for now for iOS.

Hope this clear up the confusion.

Regards

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken

You are getting confused with

1. SAP BO Mobile

2. SAP BO Explorer for iPhone

SAP BO Mobile a.k.a MOBI is used for Webi and Crustal Reports viewing on Mobile. It is available for Windows Mobile/Symbian/Blackberry as pointed out by you.

SAP BO explorer for iPhone connects to SAP BO Explorer Server and is available for iPhone and iPad from 2009. Check Slide 6 of this document from SAP [SAP BO Explorer 2.0|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a05f92db-dcc9-2c10-76bc-cb3cbd5f4ddc?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

Also refer to the 2 SAP Notes that tell about the version SAP BO Explorer for iPhone can connect and the process.

1484758 - What versions of SAP BusinessObjects Explorer can be connected by SAP BusinessObjects Explorer for iPhone/iPad?

1531322 - How to Create a Connection to Business Objects Explorer on the Apple IPad or IPhone Application

The problems seems to be in Connecting to SAP BO Explorer for iPhone.

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikar

The SAP BO Explorer for iPhone is not a Mock-up, it's a product from SAP BO, check the above link. If you are also facing the problem, share the details. We are trying to raise a Message with SAP as well.

Regards

Abhishek