Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GATP and BOM explosion with material and/or location substitution

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm a developer and not too familiar with GATP process.

In our retail project we have BOMs for drinks with deposit bottles. Now we have to handle the product and/or location substitution in GATP.

Consultants told me that the deposit bottles are not marked as ATP-relevant because they come with the drink anyway. In SAP standard a substitution will create a new sub-item and change the item type of the original header item as not relevant for anything (pricing etc.).

As mentioned in SAP notes, the required BOM explosion is not done, consultant say this would lead to a 3-level hierarchy (original item, substitution item as sub-item, new deposit bottle as sub-item of sub-item). 3-level hierarchy could not be handled.

Also, we are asked by the customer to overwrite the original item with the (rule-based) substituted item putting original material/amount/location into item Z-fields.

I don't know exactly what kind of modification and user exit handling will be required to make the whole process work correct.

We are working on a sandbox release with GATP done in SCM system.

I'd be happy to gain some insight or just to hear about experiences with such (standard) situations.

Best regards

Clemens

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tibor_nagy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Clemens,

Subitems of subitems is really not in standard. It is definitely not possible to make this work via userexits, customer-exits, BADIs or quick modifications. It is really a huge effort. There were already several development requests to SAP, but the estimated effort for this development was more that 1000 days.

Until now there are no plans to develop this in standard.

Sorry that I do not have more positive answer.

Regards,

tibor

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, I'm not longer with that project. My conclusion is that the SAP integration works specifically bad with SAP RETAIL switched on.

Answers (0)