cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SO--DELI-PGI--Proforma Invoice--No Accounting Doc?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We've a scenario wherein, we're combining some normal deliveries and return deliveries into a 'collective invoice' and in some cases, the net value of the billing document is ZERO.

And when the net value is ZERO, we want to create a proforma equivalent document( ZF8).

And all these SOs are delivery relevant and PGI is carried out for these deliveries, and when proforma( ZF8) is being created> should we create the accounting document? The point of discussion is that since GI/ GR has happenedaccouting document needs to be created to close the COGS .. hence my question is should the invoice be created or can we leave it open?

Regards,

Raghu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
should we create the accounting document? The point of discussion is 
  that since GI/ GR has happened--accouting document needs to be
     created to close the COGS

I feel, you are not much familiar with SD process. Creation of billing document is not related to COGS. Once you do PGI, automatically in the background, system will generate a material / accounting document and the impact will be

a) your COGS account will get debited and

b) Inventory account will get credited

Even if you generate a commercial invoice, it wont have any impact on the above. For information, once you generate a commercial billing document, following would be your accounting entries

a) Debit customer account and

b) Credit sales account

Here G/L Account for COGS and sales account will be different

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the info Lakshmipathi.. I know the a/c entries on PGI and billing and that Billing has nothing to do with inventory or COGS.

anyway, the issue is specific to my project and I got what I was looking for.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I got what I was looking for

Is it possible to update what you got ???

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

how can you create invoice with regular deliveris and return deliveries, system will not allow.

Proforma invoice F8 is not relevant for accounting document.

If you want to seetle use F2 and RE for invoices and return invoice.