cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Area Information from Country,Region details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

When i create a customer master in KNA1 using BAPI - BAPI_CUSTOMER_CREATEFROMDATA1 , I am asked for sales area information. I have the country and region information given by user to create his profile. How do i get the sales area information from country, region information specified by the user.

I have aother generic doubt in this area: Should i create the same customer record multiple times for different sales area? In that case what will happen to the partner funtion information. Lets say If i store the user roles in the partner functions tab then does the user have different roles for different sales area?

Could anyone help here?

Regards,

Jay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

forget that function module.

There is NO BAPI enabled function module for maintenance of customer master data.

As a result, the same is true for contact persons.

The BAPI you refer to is reserved to be used for SAP Online Store. See [note 390045|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/390045]

Due to the specificity of that function module, out of the original context you will face limitations and data inconsistencies.

For the maintenance of customers, there is NO BAPI and NO direct function module.

There are some functions modules like the one above where the name is looking nice. But these should not be used.

• Below ECC 2005 (6.00), the only solution was batch input and DEBMAS idocs. See [note 384462|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/384462]

• Starting with ECC 2005 (6.00) and above: a synchronisation tool has been introduced. See class CMD_EI_API and VMD_EI_API

In your case, you may also have a look at class CL_ERP_SALES_LCM_INTERACTION. Despite the limitations, it is easier to use than CMD_EI_API.

By the way, CMD_EI_API will let you maintain ALL data at once. Like DEBMAS idoc processing for example

Hope this helps

BR

Alain