cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query regarding EP Java Stack system to EHP1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have upgraded our BW ABAP stack Development system to EHP1 successfully today, (Before doing this, we upgraded our Solution Manager system to EHP1 and using SolMan we downloaded EHP1 upgrade stack files with stack XML file for BI Abap stack only)

If i want to upgrade our BI EP Java Stack Development to EHP1 means what is the procedure to download EHP1 upgrade binary files with Stack.XML file.

whether from service market place or Solution Manager (using MOPZ) .......??? please explain the steps.

BI Abap stack [SID: BWD] and EP Java stack [SID: JED] are installed in separate box

Thanks in advance..

Regards

Kannan.K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also download stack xml file from service market place for netweaver system.

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

tomas_lindberg
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also had this problem but none of the suggestions worked for me.

I was able to find a note decribing a working solution for me so I just wanted to add it in case someone else has this issue:

Note 1512308: Error: Wrong Input data: Wrong or higher EHP version found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all... I have completed my upgrade..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check that you have correct product assigned to all system.

I had the same problem because I had 2 systems assigned to logical component, one NW 7.0 EHP1 and the second was NW .70 - that was the problem. Both should be the same and you should have no yellow exclamation on the system or logical component.

Best regards,

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcin,

Thanks for suggestion. In the end, I raised a message to SAP as I needed to resolve another issue in MOPZ, and got a really helpful response which as you say, included ensuring correct product settings for java stack, but also what I believe is relevant is the setting in SMSY, Product Systems > SAP NW > below the <SID>, Application Server Java product (or in Technical Systems > Java > SID > Application Server Java > on tab 'Other Attributes' set 'Landscape Pattern' to 'HUB' (alternatives are 'SIDECAR' or blank). 'HUB' tells MOPZ that when maintaining this system, do minimum in terms of upgrade as it's connected to other systems (in a hub). So for example, in my case, just setting this caused MOPZ not to propose upgrade of NW 7.01 to 7.02, and only patch within 7.01 platform. If set to 'SIDECAR' MOPZ wanted to upgrade NW from 7.01 to 7.02.

Cheers,

James.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have added my Portal systems in SMSY tcode under Technical system, but when i try to create MOPZ transaction i could't able to see the EP Java SID in Landscape. eg: Development Landscape.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here are two links which walks through the config and SAP notes related to MOPZ,make sure you have completed them all.

[https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/Overview]

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/22928] [original link is broken];

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naveed

former_member311580
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kannan,

You can check SAP note 987835 (and its document attached) and update SMSY to add the Java component to the system.

Please make sure that the systems are correctly defined in SMSY.

Then, generate the new XML file with the java components.

987835 - How to define Solutions in SMSY for Diagnostics

Other relevant notes regarding this point:

1242188 - MOPZ: Enterprise Portal Core is not marked as relevant

1247070 - Alternatives in selection of technical usages

Also ensure that following note is implemented:

1240389 - Maintenance optimizer transaction with incorrect java host

Regards,

Rafa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After i added my EP Java stack in SMSY under product Systems --> SAP Netweaver --> and i choosen Product Instance Selection as Application Server Java and Enterprise Portal in Revelant and technical system.

Then i craete Logical component under SAP NETWEAVER --> Enterprise Portal and assign my EP Dev, QAS and PRD systems.

Then i add the Logical component into the Solution.

Now when i try to create New MOP transaction i am getting the below error in step select files

Maintenance Optimizer Transaction 0000001138

Wrong Input data: Wrong or higher EHP version foundSAP EHP1 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0

1Plan Maintenance 2Select Files 3Download Files 4Implement 5End Maintenance

Update Options

Select update option for SAP NETWEAVER 7.0.

Maintenance

Enhancement Package Installation

Maintenance Optimizer Log

10.05.2011 04:28:43 Wrong Input data: Wrong or higher EHP version foundSAP EHP1 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 SAPBASIS

04:28:43 Component MI DRIVERS 7.00 without suitable Product Instance SAPBASIS

04:28:43 Component MI ADMINISTRATION 7.00 without suitable Product Instance SAPBASIS

04:28:43 Component MI WD LAPTOP 7.00 without suitable Product Instance SAPBASIS

04:28:43 Component BI BASE SERVICES 7.00 without suitable Product Instance SAPBASIS

04:28:43 Component VISUAL COMPOSER BI KITS 7.00 without suitable Product Instance SAPBASIS

04:28:43 Component BI WEB APPLICATIONS 7.00 without suitable Product Instance SAPBASIS

04:28:43 Component BI WEBDYNPRO ALV 7.00 without suitable Product Instance SAPBASIS

04:28:43 Component BI REPORTING AND PLANNING 7.00 without suitable Product Instance SAPBASIS

04:28:43 Component BI INFORM. BROADCASTING 7.00 without suitable Product Instance SAPBASIS

04:28:43 Component MI CLIENT 7.00 without suitable Product Instance SAPBASIS

04:28:43 System JED: Product Instance not markes as relevant Mobile Infrastructure (MI) of SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 SAPBASIS

04:28:38 System JED: Product Instance not markes as relevant BI Java of SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 SAPBASIS

04:28:36 System JED: Product Instance not markes as relevant EP Content of SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 SAPBASIS

04:28:36 System JED: Product Instance not markes as relevant MI Client of SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 SAPBASIS

04:27:28 Not able to find an active SLM for selected managed systems. SAPBASIS

04:27:28 No SLM configured in system - SMP SAPBASIS

04:27:28 No common SLM system is registered for managed systems: JED-amdssapjep. SAPBASIS

04:27:28 The system/systems - JED-amdssapjep, has/have not been registered in SLM SAPBASIS

04:27:28 The landscape pattern of system JED is DEFAULT. SAPBASIS

BackContinueSaveCloseWithdraw

please suggest further to proceed.

Regards

Kannan.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

Till i am facing the same issue... i can't able to ignore or bypass the error...

Please help on this ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kannan,

Have you executed Solman_setup after upgrade ??

THere will be standard jobs which we have to schedule which will update the sol landscape.

Thanks,

Deepthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone tell me how this was resolved please. After going to SolMan SPS 27, running SOLMAN_SETUP note processing, and then trying to select latest stack for a single stack java portal I get the same error message: "Wrong Input data: Wrong or higher EHP version found SAP EHP2 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0". The system I am trying to select support packs for is defined in SMSY in Product Systems as 'SAP NETWEAVER' Product Version "SAP EHP1 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0" with marked Product Instance Versions 'Adobe Document Services', 'Application Server Java', 'BI Java' and 'EP Core' marked relevant. For each of these they have Technical System ticked, which is linked to the same SID under Technical Systems in SMSY, under Java (so Type JAVA comes into the Product Instance Versions whne the technical system is selected. I have followed SAP note 1505281 and the 3 notes referred to from there, but no resolution yet.

Thanks,

James.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use the same procedure that you used for ABAP system. Define your Java system JED in Sol Man and then use MOPZ to define and download files for EHP1 including stack.xml.

Thanks,

Naveed