Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ECC6 default shipment

gurbirbhatia
Explorer
0 Kudos

Resp All

We recently procured ECC6 licenses. In purchase Order it was clearly mentioned ECC6 with oracle 11G Enterprise Edition as in the Proposal from SAP.

Now we get ECC6 Software DVDs with Oracle 10G, when i consulted with our SAP account manager about this, he told me that SAP will ship the ECC6 software with 10G only, it is the default shipment from SAP.

Can anyone guide me is it right that SAP's default shipment is with Oracle 10G only.

We have oracle/SUN sparc plateform with Solaris 10.

Thanks

Gurbir Singh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The physical delivery of the software is more a thing that has to be done due to compliance (SOX et al). You can get all software from the SMP and I would download the DVDs from there.

If you go for ERP 6.0 I'd download the "ERP 6.0 EHP4 ready" stack plus Oracle 11.2.0.2 instead of using the "old" ERP 6.0 shipment.

Markus

gurbirbhatia
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply

But my Query remain there.!

Whether SAP will ship oracle 11G with ECC6 or not. Because as per Purchase Order SAP should deliver 11G. and moreover current DVDs are of no use its is pure wastage. for complience we have license and agreement and invoice with us.

Otherwise we have the option to download from SMP.

Thanks.

Gurbir Singh

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurbir,

i got same issue...I also got default shipment of ECC6 Software DVDs with Oracle 10G. as you said that there is mentioned ECC6 with 11G in Delivery Order, so, you can order or download from https://websmp110.sap-ag.de/oracle-download/ for 11G.

Regards,

majamil