cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left Margin Issue during printout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello expert,

I'm having a problem when printing output from SAPScript to printer. In sapscript setting, I set left margin to be 0.50 CM. The output looks fine in the print preview screen and the spool.

However, it shows left maring 1.50 CM during printout to the printer. Firstly, I suspect that it's about printer setting. But, the problem also happens with other printer too.

This new SAPScript was implemented last year. However, the 1.50 CM left marging just occurs this year. I have checked that this sapscript has not been modified since last year.

This issue happens for many months now. I have already asked basis guys to check the printer but it doesn't help.

Please give me any suggestions.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member586438
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter

Hope you can perhaps assist me please

I see in this thread you mentioned that in SAPScript setting you set the left margin .

How do you do that?

I'm battling to get my entire layout's setting moved a bit more to the left

Many thanks

Gerhard

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the output device that you use to create the spool, is there any entry in the Horizontal Shift field in SPAD?

SPAD -> Output Devices -><Output device> -> 'Output attributes' tab -> Additional Smartform and Sapscript information

-> Horizontal Move:

-> Vertical Shift:

Also see SAP note #101266. If you use a PCl device type like e.g.HPLJ4000, the print is shofted to the right because PCL devices use the logical page. Do you get the same print if you use postscript device type POST2?

regards,

Aidan

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

1) If possible try to reduce that space. As you said if there is no issue with printer please check in this way. Another option is try to convert into pdf from sap and print.

Regards,

Madhu.