cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion from Blended codepage 6200 to MDMP in 4.6c

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

If the existing system is on 4.6c, what are the complications as well as the effort required to convert the ambiguous code page to MDMP?

Thank you.

regards,

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

It was a long time ago... Is the guide (service.sap.com -> installation & upgrade guide - SAP Components - SAP R/3 - Release 4.6C SR 2 - language transport) relevant?

If MDMP is supported on 6200 of your platform, it might be something like

1.Tcode SMLT to load language from the language CD

2.Reapply all the support packages

3.Report RSTLAN_IMPORT_OCS...

Do you consider upgrading to ECC then converting to Unicode? It is the only code page supported eventually.

Thank you,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Thanks for the reply. The language Thai is installed but the setup is still pointing to the codepage 6200. Meaning even though the language Thai is installed , the system parameter is still using codepage 6200 as the program RSCPINST is not configured to cater for Thai.

As for upgrading to ECC then converting to Unicode, it is not feasible at this moment.

I am just trying to figure out what are the impact if I switched the system to MDMP? Any impact to the existing master data, interfaces that was maintained using the codepage 6200?

Thank you.

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Sorry that I could not answer your questions! We went to the ECC-upgrade path ourselves.

Our sandbox is regularly refreshed from PRD. For issues we cannot get clear answers, we just tried it there.

Thank you,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Thanks for the help. ECC upgrade is in the pipeline but it is in the near future.

Anyway, refreshed from PRD to resolve issues is a great idea.

Thank you.

Rgds,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Since you have upgraded to Unicode, can you maintain Japanese language when you login using language 'EN'. How would this information be stored on the table that have a language key.

Does it mean that going to Unicode, user could login 'EN' and maintain any language they like?

Thank you.

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

We have Unicode on 4.7. Bust I am not working on different languages directly, except base installation. From my understanding, it works like this:

Certain texts are language-dependent, like material description. If you logon with EN, all you enter will be regarded as EN, so logon with JP to maintain JP.

Other texts are language-independent, like mailing address of vendors. As there is no language key, whatever you enter will be displayed, no matter which language you logon with.

As I am not hand-on person for it, I could be wrong. Please verify with a true language expert if you could.

Thank you,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Thanks for the information.

Regards,

Bing fatt

Answers (0)