cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD deleted and SWCV remaining in IR -> what now?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

strange situation:

There was the idea to build up the SLD new. Don´t ask why...

So the basis guy deleted the old SLD and created a new one. All the content from our own SWCV created there was lost!

Unfortunately we had some SWCV with interfaces developed in IR. The new SLD has now no SWCV for the ones existing in IR. I need now a usage dependency to one of the SWCV from a another one.

As the SWCV get a unique id I think this cannot work any more because the newly created SWCV in SLD will have a nother id. Is the only solution to start in IR from scratch? (New SWCV in SLD -> Import to IR -> Start development again)

Best regards

Dirk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

plz look forward to a <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e8/e8573ba5f13048be50532fc3fcea9c/frameset.htm">Release Transfer</a> what should be able to help you

Regards,

Udo

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

I woult try to find out the database tables where the link between SLD and SWCV is.

If use use SXI_CACHE --> Software Components.

Then F1 on Top - or basis softwarecomponent

Then "Verwendeungsnachweis"

--> Maybe you find the DB-Table

Scan the table via SE16 and make a screenshot to see the actual entries.

After that import a new SWC into IR.

Than scan the DB-table again.

If the is now one more entry, it seems that you found the correct table.

If this works, create another SWC as in your old SLD.

Now look which ID was given by the system.

Try to overwrite now the existing old ID with the new-ID.

Make notices what you have done in the case you have to REDO your work.

Regards Mario

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Drik,

U can create a SWCV in SLD similar to the one which exists in IR and work with existing interfaces ...

Or else better import the new SWCV and copy the existing interfaces etc to the new SWCV in IR..

better way is in IR after importing the new SWCV goto Tools --> Release Transfer ... but u should have authorization for this to do..

Regards,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

both looks like there is some hope left. My experience with creating same Product and SWCV in SLD (same name) as already existing in IR is:

- Import from SLD to IR possible

- Same SWC with two SWCV with identical name but different ID (old and new in newly imported SWC)

- Usage dependencies are offered in the OLD version of SWCV (from before old SLDs death)

- So I continued development in old SWCV in new SWC

So the release transfer looks like it fits best to this situation! I will try!

Regards

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

after completing the release transfer I have seen that the comm.channels in ID refer to the old release. is that a problem? Do I need to change that comm.channel by comm.channel?

regards

Dirk