cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 Shipment Cost but multiple Vendor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I have activated shipment cost for local and export scenarios. Thing is, we have the following vendors billing our client for each shipment. It is in this aspect, I'm unable to capture the cost of 3 separate vendors in one shipment/shipment cost.

1. Shipping point to departure port - Vendor 1

2. Port to Port - Vendor 2 (Liner)

3. Destination Port - End Destination - Vendor 3

Does anyone know whats the best option for this scenario? Any replies, very much appreciated and looking forward.

Have a good weekend!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we had the same scenario.

for this 1st step is to create multiple stages for a single shipment.

2nd, assign relative vendors to each stage:

stage 1. Shipping point to departure port - Vendor 1

stage 2. Port to Port - Vendor 2 (Liner)

stage 3. Destination Port - End Destination - Vendor 3

all this stuff will be done in shipment document.

then copy this shipment document into shipment cost document (this will be only possible if a certain status has been acheived in shipment document - as per configuration - usually its shipment completion).

after you copy the shipment document in shipmnt cost document, you will see multiple line items in shipment cost document with different vendors as per setup in shipment document.

please try and let me know if you get problem in it.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Meseum, thank you. the stage was the key thing here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry typo, its Measum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Measum,

I managed to auto populate the stages and its coming out nicely in my shipment document, even after shipment completion, my shipment cost has only one line.

do you have any idea why?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philipx,

Firstly, you might want to check in your transactions if all stages has been checked for "Shipment Cost Relevant" indicator/checkbox.

Secondly, you might also want to go thru your settings in T_56 whether the item categories are automatically proposed or manually proposed. If automatically, during VI01 shipment cost creation (or alternatively in VI02 change mode), you might want to check if there are any error log created why other item categories are not populated.

Thirdly, you would also want to check the settings of each item categories assigned to your shipment cost type on the level of the cost distribution (whether is it Shipment Item, Delivery or Delivery Item).

Hope the above helps.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kok Wai Phang.

I've actually managed to figure this out before coming back in here. But what you say is correct. Managed to figure this out after a while.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

In my scenario it is direct shipment mean single mode of transportation but Forwarding agent is different and Handling agent is different. Handling agent is responsible for loading or unloading and they want to bill these two vendors differently .In this case i don't have any legs or stages.Pl provide the solution.

Regards

Parveen Kr Thakur

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can have two partners with different roles in the shipment document and then control via the item category in the freight cost document the creation of items and all the pricing stuff.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

david_ruiz
Active Participant

hi again,

follow steps from section "Transfer the shipment costs into the condition types of the purchase

order" from note 427944.

If different service agents exist in the shipment cost documents, a corresponding number of condition lines

(with value 0) must be specified in the PO item...

Regards,

david

matthias_sauer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I got the problem that I want to transfer freight cost for multiple carrier by mass job or VI05. But it is not possible to transfer freight cost for multiple carriers in one attempt.

Does anyone of you got a solution to solve this problem?

Regards,

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos