Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S_ENTW_SHOW composite profile has no authorizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

I needed to assign the SAP delivered composite profile S_ENTW_SHOW for SRM implementation and the single profiles had no authorization objects. Does anyone know how I can get these populated with the authorization objects they are intended to have. I have already activated each of them but they are still empty. I have not used SU02 is so long I might be forgetting something. Usually the SAP delivered profiles have authorization objects when you drill down in SU02.

Thanks

Gary Morris

SAP Security

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

pfcg> create role> change mode> Edit >insert authorization from profile> give profile name"S_ENTW_SHOW"

it will add all auth. objects if that profile has.

hope it helps...

Regards,

Imran

0 Kudos

Imran,

Not if the sap delivered profile has not authorizations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a plan version of the profiles?

Possibly an ancient method of providing "templates"...

Btw: does SRM guide recommend using these old profiles still?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Julius,

Yes the SRM guide and online help names this profile as one that should be used to setup some dialog or service type users.

I have also found it mentioned in other documentation besides SRM. I was suspecting it might be an obsoliete profile. I made a role inserting the authorizations from the profile S_ENTW instead. It appears to be an "almost SAP ALL" profile with mostly display authorizations so it is probably similar to whatever S_ENTW_SHOW once was. However it generates 8 profiles instead of 5 so I am probably giving way too many authorizations. Since this is to be a dialog or service user I don't want to give it more authorizations than necessary.

0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

I don't think, that this profile should be still delivered.... I need to check with SRM developers about the content of their documentation.

b.rgds, Bernhard